Santa Anita racetrack does $1.8 mil. makeover
- Agencies jockey for Santa Anita park. McCarthy, Michael // Adweek Western Edition;2/20/95, Vol. 45 Issue 8, p3
Reports on the search for an advertising agency for the Santa Anita Park's account. Inclusion of incumbent A. Balch & Co. in the review; Public awareness campaign; Statement from vice president Mark Stephens.
- SPECTACLE. // Sports Illustrated;01/10/1955, Vol. 2 Issue 2, p18
Photographs of spectators, race horses and bettors at the Santa Anita race track in Arcadia, California are presented.
- Sutherland wins Stakes Double. // Canadian Thoroughbred;Mar2010, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on the achievement of horse jockey Chantal Sutherland to win the stakes double at Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California.
- LITTLE BIG MEN. Katz, Jesse // Los Angeles Magazine;May2001, Vol. 46 Issue 5, p77
Describes a typical life of jockeys from Santa Anita Park in California. Brief information on some famous riders; How they are perceived by the society; Interior description of the facility.
- LITTLE BIG MEN. // Los Angeles Magazine;Mar2016, Vol. 61 Issue 3, p16
The article focuses on lives of jockeys, citing views of jockeys on significance of Santa Anita Park in California as training ground, and mentions that writer Jesse Katz tracked their lives.
- A DELAYED START-BUT NO HOUSING PROJECT. Wright, Alfred // Sports Illustrated;02/16/1970, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p13
The article reports on the move of clerks at Santa Anita Park racetrack to hold a strike in California. While the clerks requested a 15 dollar increase in their daily pay in three annual installments, the racetrack only offered 2 dollar increase over three years, for a total of 6 dollars per...
- Star Track. Hay, David // House Beautiful;May2001, Vol. 143 Issue 5, p58
Discusses the arguments concerning the preservation of the historic 1933 Santa Anita Racetrack in Arcadia, California.
- Something to Explain. // Time;2/6/1950, Vol. 55 Issue 6, p62
The article discusses the comeback campaign of the wonder horse Citation at the La Sorpresa race at the Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California in January 1950, in which it lost to the 14-1 long shot Miche. It says that Citation was the race's overwhelming favorite despite carrying more weight...
- Santa Anita Park returning to Dirt. // Canadian Thoroughbred;Mar2010, Vol. 25 Issue 2, p14
The article reports on the decision of the president Ron Charles of the Santa Anita Park in Arcadia, California to remove the Pro-Ride synthetic surface they have applied to the racetrack due to heavy rains, and would be replaced with a dirt surface.