QVC picks Wood
- Wood pilots grill concept. // FoodService Director;12/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 12, p28
Reports on Wood Co.'s test marketing of its grill concept in several of its accounts in the East Coast. Features of the modular program according to Robert Maluso, division executive chef.
- The focus is food. Hirschfeld, Jeff // FoodService Director;01/15/98, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p80
Focuses on contractors in the food service industry in the United States highlighting Wood Company based in Allentown, Pennsylvania ranked as the fourth largest contractor in the country. Finance information on the company; Comments from Bob Wood, chief executive officer at Wood; What areas in...
- Wood tests Florida. // FoodService Director;02/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p30
Reports on the plan of food service operator The Wood Co. to expand in Florida. Names of clients in Florida; Description of the firm's The Panther Cafe concept.
- Wood testing home-meal plan. // FoodService Director;12/15/97, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p2
Reports on the introduction of a home-meal replacement program called Good To Go the Wood Company. Location testing of the program was conducted; Comments from Joe Mercuri, vice president of business dining services; Food items offered on the program; Where Mercuri may look to place additional...
- Wood hosts Food Share IV. // FoodService Director;04/15/99, Vol. 12 Issue 4, p32
States that the Culinary Salon of Food Share IV, a community against hunger is being hosted by The Wood Company at the Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pennsylvania. Features of plate painting event executed by Wegman and Wood Co. chefs; Comments from Bob Wood, chairman of the company.
- Wood Co. grows in home-meal segment with new program. // Nation's Restaurant News;11/24/97, Vol. 31 Issue 47, p19
Reports on Wood Co.'s expansion of its home-meal-replacement program by setting up a special program for business dining accounts that have day care centers in the United States. Menu offerings; Potentials of the food service concept.
- From the grill to The Grill. Buzalka, Mike // Food Management;Jan1999, Vol. 34 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on the food service concept developed by the Wood Co., which it calls The Grill. Features; Distinction from traditional grills; Food preparation; Emphasis on freshness and upscale visual appeal; Preliminary response of customers to the modular concept.
- Wood Co. enters new era, climbs to No. 4 contract contender. King, Paul // Nation's Restaurant News;12/01/97, Vol. 31 Issue 48, p18
Presents information on The Wood Company. Effect of a merger between Marriott Management Services and Sodexho USA company to the company's rank in the foodservice industry; Financial data on the company; Issues which should be addressed by the company.
- FROM BARLEY TO RICE: GRAINS REDISCOVERED. // FoodService Director;03/15/2000, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p12
Reports on the efforts to promote the importance of grains as a diet component in all business dining account of Wood Co. Development of menus featuring grains; Publicity strategies.