L.A. Times adds a brand bakery
- New L.A. Times business section. // Editor & Publisher;3/30/96, Vol. 129 Issue 13, p27
Cites the `Los Angeles Times' newspaper's launching of a weekly business section called `Cutting Edge' as an expansion of its coverage of news on high technology. Replacement of the Monday business section; Incorporation of material appearing in the Cutting Edge feature in the Wednesday...
- Mainstream medicine considers more alternative treatments. // Primary Care Weekly;1/15/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p5
Reports on an issue in the Los Angles Times on a growing acceptance of alternative therapies among mainstream medical professionals. Statement from Nancy Dickey, M.D., a family physician.
- L.A. Times to resume its East Coast edition. // Editor & Publisher;10/28/95, Vol. 128 Issue 43, p37
Reports on the resumption of the east coast edition of the `Los Angeles Times.'
- `Time' tries to break fall. Sacharow, Anya // MediaWeek;6/17/96, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p14
Reports on the plan of `The Los Angeles Times' to cut its newstand price in half in an attempt to reverse a slip in its advertisement lineage and circulation. Newspaper's plan to raise its advertising rates; Reasons for newspaper's circulation losses.
- More P.C. woes. Howard, Lucy; Cerio, Gregory // Newsweek;12/27/1993, Vol. 122 Issue 26, p5
Reveals the reason behind the `Los Angeles Times' December 1993 issuance of new guidelines for `sensitive' language. The revisions were prompted in part by a lawsuit brought by Welsh-Americans angered by use of the verb `to welsh' as in `on a bet.' Reactions of some `Times' employees; Comment...
- Los Angeles Times sues county government. Stein, M.L. // Editor & Publisher;11/4/95, Vol. 128 Issue 44, p27
Reports on the `Los Angeles Times' newspaper's suing of Los Angeles County over its plan to sell electronic court records to private companies for their commercial use. Comments of `Times' attorney, Rex Heinke; Facts and issues of the case.
- Successful conference. // Editor & Publisher;04/05/97, Vol. 130 Issue 14, p29
Highlights a weekend investment conference sponsored by the `Los Angeles Times' newspaper. Total number of attendees; Number of `Times' employees who participated in the event.
- Newspaper's adopted school holds graduation. // Editor & Publisher;7/10/93, Vol. 126 Issue 28, p32
Reports on the ninth commencement for sixth-graders by the Ninth Street School, a Skid Row school adopted by the `Los Angeles Times' newspaper. Newspaper's collaboration with the school to develop programs aimed at supporting the learning process and helping enrich the children's lives;...
- L.A. Times offers faxed mortgage rates. // Editor & Publisher;8/7/93, Vol. 126 Issue 32, p15
Announces the addition of faxed mortgage rates to the information services of the newspaper `Los Angeles Times.' Benefits to subscribers; Cost; Utilization of the TimesLink telephone information service; Lenders involved.
- New home for Los Angeles Times? // Editor & Publisher;8/28/93, Vol. 126 Issue 35, p17
Reports on possible plans of the `Los Angeles Times' to relocate. Possibility of giving up the Times Mirror Square building; Selection of the building by the Metropolitan Water District of Southern California as its central office; Times Mirror company's consideration of the parking and safety...