Giving new life to `leftovers.'
- Frost before you bite. // Men's Health (10544836);Dec94, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p25
Warns that leaving leftovers on the table for extended periods opens the door to a bacteria bloom, which in turn produces toxins that cause food-poisoning. How you should wrap up leftovers and put them in the refrigerator within two hours; Food-poisoning symptoms.
- Peels add zest to upscale menus. // Nation's Restaurant News;1/2/95, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p27
Reports on the use of peelings in cookery. Apple peelings for garnishes; Potato skins as side dishes at Mark's Restaurant in Manhattan, New York City; Salmon skin for sushi; Candied orange peels for dessert recipes; Increased popularity of lemon peels.
- Twice is nice. // Good Housekeeping;Nov98, Vol. 227 Issue 5, p176
Presents recipes for cooking leftovers. Country Hash; Stuffing Sandwiches; Turkey Chili; Turkey Shepherd's Pies; Mashed-Potato Patties; Turkey Gumbo; Roasted Cauliflower Frittata; Turkey Stir-Fry.
- Leftover lament. // Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness;Jan94, Vol. 55 Issue 1, p20
Presents tips from Consumer Reports on Health on ensuring safety of leftovers. Storing cooked foods in small portions; Heating leftovers to at least 165 degrees before serving.
- Loosen up leftover night. Loe, Jodi Jackson; James, Carole // Southern Living;Apr97, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p236
Presents recipes for leftovers. Chicken With Fennel and Mushrooms; Turkey-Picante Lasagna; Pork Enchiladas; Chicken-Rice Salad.
- Lust for leftovers. Green, Michelle // Food & Wine;Jun97, Vol. 20 Issue 6, p31
Discusses various aspects of left-over food. Variety in the response of individuals; Use of combination of left-overs to make a meal; Factors influencing tendency of some people to hoard left-overs. INSET: Food storage tips..
- the leftover makeover. Melodia, Frank P. // Redbook;Apr2005, Vol. 204 Issue 4, p183
Presents several recipes using leftovers, including Steak and Grilled-Vegetable Sandwiches.
- Simple Meals. Longbotham, Lori // Organic Style;Oct2005, Vol. 5 Issue 8, p94
Presents several recipes for leftover foods, including Potato, Bacon and Greens Frittata.
- How to liven up Thanksgiving leftovers. Viegas, Jennifer // Christian Science Monitor;11/25/97, Vol. 90 Issue 1, p14
Offers a look at some recipes that can add new ideas to Thanksgiving leftovers. The recipes inspired by Latin cooking; Using Asian-style mixed vegetable stir-fry or pasta; Recipes given.