Participation dips after NuMenu intro
- Albuquerque Mayor Wants Control of Schools' Capital Budget. Watts, Jim // Bond Buyer;6/29/2006, Vol. 356 Issue 32413, p28
The article reports on the plan of Albuquerque Mayor Martin ChÃ¡vez to take control of Albuquerque Public School's capital budget. ChÃ¡vez aims to provide better direction and management of the district's construction program. He will ask the Legislature to give his office authority over the...
- Water Samples Taken Following Student Report. S. M. // Reeves Journal: Plumbing, Heating, Cooling;Jun2005, Vol. 85 Issue 6, p32
Reports on a water test conducted by Albuquerque Public School officials in 2005 following a negative report about the school's water quality. Description of the water; Lead and arsenic content of the water; Diseases caused by ingesting water containing lead.
- Albuquerque Envisions a "Seamless Educational Pathway" for N. M. Students. // Community College Week;9/22/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p9
The article reports on an agreement signed by the Central New Mexico Community College, the University of New Mexico, and the Albuquerque Public Schools in relation to an easier college education for New Mexico students. The agreement entails an expansion of the existing education programs in...
- LEADERSHIP TIMES FOUR. Smith, Roberta F. // American School Board Journal;Dec2003, Vol. 190 Issue 12, p26
Describes the approach of the Albuquerque Public Schools' board of education in New Mexico to find a suitable superintendent after its previous superintendent, Brad Allison was dismissed in 2002 for lack of communication with the board. Role of a superintendent and its importance to the board;...
- Going Green guide offers case studies. // Work-Life Newsbrief & Trend Report;Nov2008, p8
The article provides information on a guidebook which has dozens of case studies of organizations that are doing well by doing good from the Albuquerque Public Schools to car-sharing service Zipcar Inc. in New Mexico. The "Going Green Guidebook" is not cheap, but the savings from applying one or...
- New spring menu blooms at Wild Orchid Cafe. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/17/95, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p45
Reports on Mount Laurel, N.J.-based Wild Orchid Cafe's spring menu. Food offered; Cost.
- Cafeterias struggle as market dwindles. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;9/18/95, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the state of cafeterias in the United States for 1995. Cafeteria's financial losses; Increase in capital expenditures; Retrenchment; Cafeteria companies' downsizing of its units; Advertising and merchandising strategies.
- All roads lead to Vegas. Alva, Marilyn // Restaurant Business;6/10/93, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the opening of the Coyote Cafe and the Wolfgang Puck's Cafe in the MGM Grand Hotel, Las Vegas. Rumors of Stars' opening in the Las Vegas area; Denial by Jeremiah Tower of Stars.
- Bistro Gestalt. Conan, Kerri // Restaurant Business;7/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p138
Narrates how La Coupole Cafe was able to solve the problem of hurried diners during lunchtime. Entire three-course meal's arrival on the same plate; Five different whole-meal combinations; Early preparation.