Texas Health System to save $1 mil. in '98
- Tarrant County's largest hospital systems. Rowe, Valerie E. // Business Press;04/30/99, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p14
Ranks the largest hospital systems in Tarrant County, Texas according to the number of their patient admissions in 1998. Includes Texas Health System; Columbia/HCA Healthcare Corp.; JPS Health Network; Huguley Health Systems.
- Certification: Yes of no? Hamm, Michael S.; Early, Larry Allan // Association Management;Dec94, Vol. 46 Issue 12, p89
Discusses the increased trend toward certification and standardization in the United States. Reasons for trend; Development of certification programs; Costs of certification. INSET: Aiming for success..
- Companies push for electronic commerce standard. // CD-ROM Professional;Oct95, Vol. 8 Issue 10, p15
Reports on the formation of the group Object Definition Alliance to accelerate standardization efforts for electronic commerce. Oracle Corp. as head of the group; Basis for the group's specifications; Other members of the group.
- Positive and negative standards. Calderwood, James A. // Ceramic Industry;Sep98, Vol. 148 Issue 10, p17
Focuses on the setting of industry standards in the United States. Value of standard-setting groups; Congressional hearings on international standards; Complaints of companies on standard-setting groups; Benefits of standard setting by private groups to consumers and the industry.
- Exporters will need environmental certification. Johnston, Robert D. // Caribbean Business;10/23/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 42, p24
Reports that in Puerto Rico, a series of `environmental accreditation' programs were launched by the International Standardization Organization called the ISO 14000 series. When the programs were created; Details on countries adopting the programs; What the series focuses on; Comment from Raul...
- NEVADA. // Property Tax Alert;Jul2010, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p7
The article announces that the State Board of Equalization in Nevada has adopted by reference the Standard on Ratio Studies.
- Research reports. // Wilson Quarterly;Winter93, Vol. 17 Issue 1, p154
Features the report `Global Standards: Building Blocks for the Future,' by the Office of Technology Assessment of the US Government Printing Office.
- Give thanks for standards. // Canadian Banker;Sep/Oct98, Vol. 105 Issue 5, p9
Encourages the Canadians to spare a thought for standardization while celebrating Thanksgiving in 1998. Development of standards through the National Standards System; National Standards Council's promotion of efficient and effective standardization.
- SECRETARY OF STATE: NOTICE OF CORRECTION TO NOTICE ONLY. // Illinois Register;2/08/2013, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p1804
A correction to the article regarding a notice of proposed amendments on standards and procedures in Illinois is presented.