Univ. of Rochester inks $1.7-mil. deal
- Light heavyweight champ. Pope, Gregory T.; Boatman, John // Popular Mechanics;Nov95, Vol. 172 Issue 11, p27
Focuses on the Omega ultraviolet laser at the New York-based University of Rochester. Features; Comparison with the Nova laser at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratories.
- Laser laurel. // New Scientist;6/17/95, Vol. 146 Issue 1982, p13
Reports that the record for the world's most powerful laser pulse has passed to the University of Rochester in New York State. Refit of the University's Omega laser; Snatching of record from the Nova laser.
- Block copolymers self-assemble. FAIRLEY, PETER // Chemical Week;1/20/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 3, p56
Reports that micrometer-scale spheres formed by block copolymers can self-aggregate to form crystalline microporous films, according to the University of Rochester researchers in New York. Characteristics of the spheres; Commercial value of the self-assembled microporous films.
- Giant self-assembly molecules. // R&D Magazine;Jun98, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p7
Reports that researchers at the University of Rochester in New York have created the largest synthetic 3-D structures comprised of molecules, ever produced by the technique, self assembly. Description of the structures; How the structure may be used.
- Can I take another one? Curricular change at Rochester. Green, William Scott // Liberal Education;Fall97, Vol. 83 Issue 4, p32
Reports on the results of a review of the undergraduate liberal arts curriculum at the University of Rochester in New York. Comparison between the old and new curriculum structures; Development of a special category of courses called Quest Courses; Replacement of the established...
- News update. // Materials Management in Health Care;Aug97, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p6
Reports on the collaboration of VHA with Rochester, New York-based University of Rochester Medical Center and Strong Partners Health System.
- Testosterone receptor is tied to healing. O'Connor, John // McKnight's Long-Term Care News;Feb2010, Vol. 31 Issue 2, p10
The article reports on the University of Rochester Medical Center research on the role of testosterone molecular receptor in wound healing in Rochester, New York.
- July History Corner. // Empty Closet;Jul2008, Issue 414, p12A
The article features historic events for the months of May, June and July in the gay community. The First Gay Picnic was held on May 16, 1971 at Genesee Valley Park in Rochester, New York. The Gay Pride Week was held from June 21 to 27 in New York City. The American Independence Dance was...
- Online AIDS posters exhibit launched. // Windy City Times;11/9/2011, Vol. 27 Issue 5, p23
The article reviews the exhibition "The Atwater collection of AIDS posters" at the University of Rochester in New York from October 27, 2011.