Baystate Health saves $750,000
- New spring menu blooms at Wild Orchid Cafe. // Nation's Restaurant News;4/17/95, Vol. 29 Issue 16, p45
Reports on Mount Laurel, N.J.-based Wild Orchid Cafe's spring menu. Food offered; Cost.
- Cafeterias struggle as market dwindles. Ruggless, Ron // Nation's Restaurant News;9/18/95, Vol. 29 Issue 37, p1
Reports on the state of cafeterias in the United States for 1995. Cafeteria's financial losses; Increase in capital expenditures; Retrenchment; Cafeteria companies' downsizing of its units; Advertising and merchandising strategies.
- All roads lead to Vegas. Alva, Marilyn // Restaurant Business;6/10/93, Vol. 92 Issue 9, p20
Reports on the opening of the Coyote Cafe and the Wolfgang Puck's Cafe in the MGM Grand Hotel, Las Vegas. Rumors of Stars' opening in the Las Vegas area; Denial by Jeremiah Tower of Stars.
- Bistro Gestalt. Conan, Kerri // Restaurant Business;7/20/93, Vol. 92 Issue 11, p138
Narrates how La Coupole Cafe was able to solve the problem of hurried diners during lunchtime. Entire three-course meal's arrival on the same plate; Five different whole-meal combinations; Early preparation.
- Such a deal. Lang, Joan // Restaurant Business;08/01/97, Vol. 96 Issue 15, p122
Reports that Los Angeles, California-based Sonora Cafe has introduced the Monday Night Wine Fiesta as a way to boost business on an off-night. Range of wines on offer.
- Johnny's Round Top. Thompson, Helen // Texas Monthly;Sep92, Vol. 20 Issue 9, p98
Describes the colorful history of Johnny's Round Top cafe in Big Spring, Texas. Rotating roof; Impact of a lightning strike to the roof; Closing in 1989.
- That Motown sound. J.R. // TCI: Theatre Crafts International;Nov97, Vol. 31 Issue 9, p9
Feature the Las Vegas Motown Cafe, which was opened on January 3, 1997. Statements from John Nasshan, of Audio Associates company; Information on the design of the Cafe by Audio Associates; Description of Motown Cafe.
- Polish Yacht Club still sailing smoothly. Malta, Anthony // Crain's Detroit Business;8/14/95, Vol. 11 Issue 33, p14
Comments on the success story of Ivanhoe Cafe, popularly called the `Polish Yacht Club' situated in the Joseph Campau Avenue, Detroit. Historical aspects of the clubs including its founders; Business carried out by the club-cum-cafe; Present owners; Attractions at the club; Views of regular...
- Broadway's barroom revival. Singer, Barry // New York;9/7/92, Vol. 25 Issue 35, p24
Looks at the revival of Steve Olsen's West Bank Cafe, at 42nd Street. Why it closed; How the closing affected the theatrical community; How the actors brought it back; How the cafe has played host to a stupendous array of talent in new plays and musicals; Comments from Olsen and his partners,...