HR's New Year's Resolutions
- One-stop Shopping. // Westchester County Business Journal;5/24/2004, Vol. 43 Issue 21, p25
Reports on the impact of regulatory burden on small banks in the U.S. Lack of human resources in community banks; Absence of benefits to bank customers; Citation of time consumed for paperwork.
- Clerical error costs New Jersey millions in federal aid; education commissioner fired. Townes, Glenn // New York Amsterdam News;9/2/2010, Vol. 100 Issue 36, p28
The article reports that an error in application paperwork caused New Jersey to lose about 400 million dollars in federal education grants and reports that the state commissioner was dismissed by Governor Christopher Christie for causing the error.
- What, More Paperwork? Encouraging Professionals to Publish. Erin, Jane N. // Re:View;Winter2002, Vol. 33 Issue 4, p148
Discusses the benefits for professionals in visual impairment of publishing their works. Challenges faced by professionals in visual impairment in dealing with paperwork; Reasons behind the small number of reports on classroom-based instructional successes in professional journals; Advice for...
- Red tape hits small businesses hardest. // Credit Management;Jan2004, p12
Reports that majority of British businesses admit to either reducing the number of people they employ or avoiding employing more people because of concerns over increased burden of paperwork, according to the NatWest Quarterly Survey of Small Business. Perception of small business on the amount...
- War Stories - June 2011. // Plan Sponsor;Jun2011, p4
The article presents experiences by some readers of the "Plan Sponsor" magazine. It describes readers' experiences as tragic, bizarre and plain funny. It shares a plan sponsor's experience with a female employee who went out on disability and turned in all the appropriate paperwork. However, the...
- Top HR Compliance Issues for Small Businesses. // Strategic Finance;Feb2005, Vol. 86 Issue 8, p21
The article discusses top human resource (HR) compliance issues for small businesses. Among the compliance issues mentioned are the challenge of the generalist, exposure to workplace litigation not being addressed, benefit regulations not being followed, paperwork duplication, and HR functions...
- It is hard work re-entering city of year-round vacation. O'Connor, Terry // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);4/19/2004, Vol. 24 Issue 43, p27
Focuses on the role of electronic mail messages in lessening the amount of paperwork in the office. Surprise of the author when he found his desk free from paperwork after his vacation; Number of e-mails received; Return of the author to work.
- The Paperwork Burden. Selvam, Ashok // H&HN: Hospitals & Health Networks;Jun2001, Vol. 75 Issue 6, p28
Focuses on a study conducted by the American Hospital Association and PricewaterhouseCoopers, which deals with the time spent by hospital workers in doing paperwork. Methods used; Suggestions of the study.
- Crossing The Hurdles In The Field. Graham, John R. // American Salesman;Feb2005, Vol. 50 Issue 2, p15
Offers advice on addressing the challenges being faced by salespeople as of February 2005. Percentage of employees in the U.S. who plan their day; Importance of accomplishing paperwork on a daily basis; Advantages and disadvantages of calling on favorite customers.