On the Radio
- Newspapers used to recruit. // Editor & Publisher;03/27/99, Vol. 132 Issue 13, p45
Cites a survey on the use of newspaper classified advertisements to recruit newspaper employees. Preference for radio advertising; Use of job fairs to promote positions; Methods through which companies promote additional positions.
- Greyhound drives to national spot radio. // MediaWeek;9/5/94, Vol. 4 Issue 34, p21
Presents data on newspapers and radio advertising spending of several companies for the second quarter of 1994. Includes General Motors; Ford; May Department Stores; Toyota; Circuit City Stores; News Corp.; Valassis Comm.
- Radio's time is now. Petrozzello, Donna // Broadcasting & Cable;3/17/97, Vol. 127 Issue 11, p60
Reports on the competition for advertising dollars between radio stations and newspapers in the United States. Advantage of radio stations over newspapers; Average fare of daily newspapers in local market ad revenue; Annual revenue growth for newspapers and radios; Challenges to newspapers'...
- Newspaper ads are favoured recruitment method. // Personnel Today;12/3/2002, p51
Reports on a survey conducted by the IRS Employment Review regarding growing popularity of newspaper advertising in recruitment process of firms. Percentage of employers using newspaper advertising; Effectiveness of newspaper advertising; Other methods adopted for recruitment.
- Help wanted: Ad rep, new breed. Case, Tony // Editor & Publisher;09/20/97, Vol. 130 Issue 38, p20
Reports on the tactics used by newspapers to recruit advertising executives in the United States. Growth in newspaper advertising; Dilemma facing newspapers in recruiting account executives; Use of help-wanted sections; Efforts of newspapers to lure staffers from competing media.
- The genuine article. Crabb, Steve; Crow, Rachel // People Management;2/26/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p42
Discusses the importance of national newspaper advertisements in attracting applicants from a national pool of talent. Remarks from Sally Webster, director of human resources at Guardian Newspapers Ltd.; Launch of an online recruitment tool by the company which does a degree of job matching;...
- Turning your want ad upside down. // Practical Accountant;Dec98, Vol. 31 Issue 12, p8
Focuses on the advice offered by Howard Hansen, in charge of the Organizational Consulting Team at Great Plains Software, for companies seeking to place a want advertisement in the newspaper. Means by which companies can distinguish themselves from others; Suggested format. INSET: Help wanted..
- How to write recruitment ads that get you results! Pollack, Irwin // Fort Worth Business Press;9/26/2003, Vol. 16 Issue 37, p10
Presents tips on writing employee recruitment advertising copies. Ways to capture a reader's attention; Factors that should comprise the body copy; Information needed in identifying one's company.
- Creative recruiting helps hotels attract the best employees. Schadler, John // Hotel & Motel Management;11/1/2004, Vol. 219 Issue 19, p20
The article deals with developments in recruiting hotel employees in the United States. It shows evolution in efforts to recruit employees to meet the growing demands of the hospitality industry and expectations of guests. Instead of traditional recruitment efforts, many hotels and resorts are...