How Do I Keep My Self-esteem Up?
- Cultivate A Healthy Attitude. // TeamWork;2015, Vol. 22 Issue 12, p7
The article offers suggestions for making healthy attitude at workplace including taking pride for knowing details of work to build up self-esteem, pointing self achievements to others and taking learning experience from mistakes.
- Autonomy and the Struggle for Female Identity: Implications for Counseling Women. McBride, Martha C. // Journal of Counseling & Development;Sep/Oct90, Vol. 69 Issue 1, p22
Many feminist writers have seen autonomy as a male developmental issue rather than as one appropriate for women. When a woman strives to become an equal member of society, however, her internal programming often gets in the way. Whether dealing with inequity in the workplace, with friends, or...
- Workplace Spirituality Empirical Research: A Literature Review. Geigle, David // Business & Management Review;Dec2012, Vol. 2 Issue 10, p14
Much has been written on the theories of workplace spirituality (WS). Much less has been written concerning the empirical research supporting these theories. The purpose of this article is to review the workplace spirituality empirical research. A growing body of knowledge concerning...
- Human Dignity in the Public-Sector Workplace. Rosow, Jerome M. // Vital Speeches of the Day;1/1/79, Vol. 45 Issue 6, p166
Presents the text of a speech delivered by Jerome M. Rosow, president of Work in America Institute Inc., on October 30, 1978, which deals with human dignity and the workplace.
- MOBBING: PSYCHOLOGICAL TERROR IN THE WORKPLACE. CONSTANTINESCU, Viorel // Proceedings of the Scientific Conference AFASES;May2014, Vol. 2, p511
Mobbing is a less known phenomenon in Romania, but its effects are real and worrisome. It is a form of psychological abuse in the workplace, carried out by either colleagues or superiors through repeated aggressive acts. This kind of psychological pressure frequently leads to affecting the...
- Investigating the Relationship Between Organization Based Self-Esteem and Incentive Motivators: A Preliminary Analysis in Case of Banking Sector. Hameed, Zahid; Ehsan-ul-Hassan; Razzaq Athar, Muhammad; Aslam, Naeem; Zamin, Bakht // Middle East Journal of Scientific Research;2013, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p370
The aim of present research is to investigate the relationship among organization-based self-esteem organization based self-esteem and the three dimensions of incentive motivators include monetary incentives, social-recognition and performance feedback. The main purpose of this investigation was...
- That's Not the Smell of Success. Cohen, Erika // Business NH Magazine;Sep2008, Vol. 25 Issue 9, p12
The article focuses on the personal hygiene of employees, specifically when someone's lack of hygiene becomes disruptive in an office. The author elaborates that managers and human resources professionals need to work together to ensure a co-worker's concern are addressed quickly and the...
- a neglected supervisory role: building self-esteem at work. Newstrom, John; Gardner, Don; Pierce, Jon // Supervision;Jan2004, Vol. 65 Issue 1, p18
Presents information on building self-esteem in the work environment. Characteristics of employees with high self-esteem; Conditions that affects employee self-esteem; Suggestions for supervisors to foster high self-esteem levels.
- DEALING WITH A DRAMA QUEEN. VAN DER MEER, ERIN // Cleo;Mar2012, p180
The article offers tips on how to deal with a drama queen or someone who blows things way out of proportion whenever the chance is given. According to psychologist Meredith Fuller, the behaviour of a drama queen often stems from very low self-esteem or boredom. It discusses how the narcissistic...