Smile, You're on Candidate Camera
- Tomorrow: No longer a day away. Dixon, Jo-Ann C. // Management Review;Feb97, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p6
Opinion. Presents the author's view on the use of system-wide applications by different organizations. Effect of system on the operation of organizations; Computer companies that create tools to fill the expanding need; Price and implementation of the system.
- To prevent problems, register domain name. Overhauser, Paul B. // Indianapolis Business Journal;2/3/97, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p30A
Discusses the advantages of registering a company's Internet domain name. Features of domain names; Procedure on how to register a domain name.
- From the Publisher. // Applied Clinical Trials;Dec2008, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p92
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including one on internet resources and another on corporate profiles.
- Manager's bulletin board. // InfoWorld;10/14/96, Vol. 18 Issue 42, p64
Reports on developments affecting the enterprise computing market in the United States as of October 14, 1996. Includes International Business Machines Corp.'s (IBM) spearheading of the Coalition for Global Business Protection; Availability of Citrix Systems Inc.'s report on the emergence of...
- No summer respite from the intranet. Gibson, Stan // PC Week;8/5/96, Vol. 13 Issue 31, pE3
Focuses on the endless round of corporate intranet strategy announcements by computer vendors in the United States. Return of centralization and control; Components of an intranet.
- Cyberspace and the corporate culture. // Dollars & Sense;Mar/Apr97, Issue 210, p5
Reports on United States corporations' use of Web sites for customer service. Investigation of The Wall Street Journal on corporate Web site use; McDonald's efforts toward Web site use query; Whirpool, L.L. Bean and Ford Motor's responsive ways to the survey on corporate Web site use.
- Intranets fast becoming a factoid of corporate computing file. // PC Week;7/29/96, Vol. 13 Issue 30, p54
Reports on the results of a survey on corporations' evaluation of intranet solutions. Environments; Cross-platform solutions.
- Who's minding the home page? // InfoWorld;8/19/96, Vol. 18 Issue 34, p58
Presents a graph on a survey of Fortune 500 companies with corporate intranets that shows the departments responsible for managing the content of their default home pages.
- Big companies look to intranets for corporate communications. Rosenkrantz, Holly // Fairfield County Business Journal;7/15/96, Vol. 35 Issue 29, p24
Reports on the growing use of intranets among large companies in the United States for communications. Reader's Digest Association; Xerox; Survey showing that most companies are planning, piloting or setting up an intranet; Benefits of intranets to companies.