Research Foundation Receives FEMA Funds
- Fire service organizations briefed on new grant program. // Fire Engineering;Mar2001, Vol. 154 Issue 3, p46
Reports on the United States Federal Emergency Management Agency's meeting with representatives of fire service organizations to discuss a grant program under the fiscal 2001 omnibus combined spending bill. Participation of fire service organizations in developing a streamlined grant...
- CAPITAL BRIEF. // Navajo Times;2/28/2013, Vol. 52 Issue 9, pA-2
The article presents an announcement from U.S. Senator Tom Udal on the provision of the Federal Emergency Management Agency of more than $7.2 million to New Mexico for the state's fire suppression efforts in the 2011 Track and Donaldson fires.
- Arkansas Schools Receive $241,000 in Former Government Computers. Branch, Al // Curriculum Administrator;Jun2001, Vol. 37 Issue 6, p20
Reports donation of used computers to the Russellville School District by the Federal Emergency Management Agency in Arkansas. Estimation of total machine cost; Features of the donated computers; Usefulness of the computers to the students.
- Emergency art. // American Enterprise;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 6 Issue 1, p10
Reports on the project by the National Endowment for the Arts to bring ballet to the poor neighborhoods in Los Angeles California. Funding by the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA); Decision by the Senate to cut the FEMA budget.
- USFA Administrator clarifies policy on eligibility of mutual-aid costs. // Fire Engineering;May2005, Vol. 158 Issue 5, p48
The article focuses on the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency's Public Assistance Policy. The policy recognizes under the Public Assistance Program the eligibility of costs incurred through mutual-aid agreements between applicants and other entities. Federal Emergency Management Agency...
- Minnesota Intergrated Public Alert and Warning System. Dooley, John // Minnesota Fire Chief;Mar/Apr2012, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p26
The article focuses on the newsletter "Integrated Public Alert and Warning System (IPAWS)" developed by the U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). The newsletter aims to offer information on what is happening with alert and warning in the state of Minnesota. An overview of how the...
- Though a trying year, 2012 still was full of promise. Allegretti, Lisa // Fire Chief Expert Blog;12/27/2012, p1
The article looks at the state of the U.S. fire protection sector in 2012. The U.S. Federal Emergency Management Agency experienced business growth despite Superstorm Sandy striking New Jersey and New York City, New York, as the disaster resulted to further involvement of fire departments and...
- SCORECARD. // American School & University;Feb2005, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p6
Presents findings of a report released by the Federal Emergency Management Agency of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security which examines school fires in the U.S. in 2002. Number of school fires; Amount in property damage due to school fires; Percentage of school-structure fires that were...
- United States : Federal funds authorized to help fight Oregon Gulch Fire. // TendersInfo News;8/5/2014, p1
The article reports on the decision of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security's Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) to authorize the use of federal funds to control the Oregon Gulch Fire. The state government filed a request for federal Fire Management Assistance Grant (FMAG) to the...