- PRODUCT FOCUS. // Fire Chief;Aug2007, Vol. 51 Issue 8, p134
The article reviews various computer software from ERT Systems LLC, Emergency Services Interactive Systems, and Fieldsoft Inc.
- Planning for Change. Keeler, Daniel // Global Finance;Mar2000, Vol. 14 Issue 3, p73
Deals with the arrival of a generation of computer software that addresses the needs of chief financial officers (CFO). Role of CFO; Information on some software providers and their products; Benefits of the Internet for companies.
- PERISCOPE. // Homeland Defense Journal;Oct2007, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p45
The article reports on developments related to the security systems industry in the U.S. Primavera Systems Inc. has announced its federal enterprise management suite which addresses the five dimensions of federal management. Global Security Systems (GSS) and 3n have announced a partnership to...
- A non-friction bestseller? Boynton, Chuck // Financial Management;Feb2003, p16
Reports on the reluctance of chief financial officers to commit to information technology initiatives. Efforts in reducing the costs of Web services projects; Development of standard software tools for business processes; Accessibility of product price from the inventory system.
- FM Alert. // Emergency Management;Mar/Apr2009, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p46
The article reports on the partnership of Global Security Systems and Mission Systems sector of Northrop Grumman Corp. to deploy national, state and local alert and warning systems that use wireless and nonwireless communications infrastructure in consumer devices. An FM chip is being used by...
- Enhancing value. // CA Magazine;Sep2001, Vol. 134 Issue 7, p43
Focuses on the value of collaboration between chartered accountants, chief financial officers (CFO) and chartered business valuators to company shareholders and entrepreneurs. Contents of a value enhancement program; Benefits of collaboration to public practitioners; Ideal partners for CFO and...
- There's two partners in this marriage. // Canadian Transportation & Logistics;Nov2012, Vol. 115 Issue 10, p30
The article discusses the importance of partnership between finance and logistics in managing freight transportation. It informs that Chief financial officers need to understand the true cost of transportation by understanding transportation-related assets such as a truck fleet or software...
- Pick One. Hounsell, Ron // Operations & Fulfillment;Dec2002, Vol. 10 Issue 12, p30
Discusses the steps in developing request for proposals (RFP) for a software solution. Role of the chief financial officer in evaluating the cost of a software solution; Importance of site visits in business operations; List of merchant selection criteria.
- Web-Based Solutions Put More Power in CFO Hands. Glasgow, Bo // Global Finance;Feb2001, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p67
Highlights the advantage of the Internet-enabled integration to efforts of chief finance officers to pursue treasury risk management. Discussion on the concept of economic capital; Key features of the Selkirk Treasury Manager software; Applications of the PeopleSoft 8 for Financial Services...