IMF Offers Cancer Tips
- Staying in the Box is Okay. Coleman, Ronny // Fire Chief Expert Blog;7/12/2012, p6
The author discusses the need to follow traditional solutions in the fire services instead of thinking about doing things differently. He agrees that when considering firefighter safety, people are not encouraged to be creative on the fireground but should follow the required procedures and...
- Use SOGs to Prepare for a Mayday. WILSON, KEVIN "WILLY" // Fire Engineering;Feb2009, Vol. 162 Issue 2, p65
The article discusses the importance of having standard operating guidelines (SOGs) on how and why to call a Mayday in order to reduce line-of-duty death (LODD) in fire departments. Information on the SOG of the Clark County fire departments in Washington State is provided. Reasons to call a...
- BEFORE THE CLASS. Naylis, Gerard J. // Fire Engineering;Mar2005, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p24
The article presents information on important guidelines for training class of the fire fighters. As the instructor, one have a certain image to project that underscores ones professional approach to the class. The style of dress will depend on the type of class one is teaching. One will have to...
- Look Inside a Firehouse! // Scholastic News -- Edition 1;Oct2001, Vol. 58 Issue 2, p1
Describes the routine of firefighters inside a fire station.
- When seeing red is a good thing. Sanders, Ramona C. // Collinsville Herald;8/22/2012, Vol. 54 Issue 34, pA2
The article announces that the Collinsville Fire Department in Illinois will be participating in the Red Shirts Fridays national initiative where every firefighter will wear red shirts on Fridays beginning August 2012 as a way of showing support to the men and women serving in the U.S. military.
- LACK OF TRAINING, EQUIPMENT LEAD TO FATAL FIRES IN DETROIT. Claxton, Melvin; Hurt, Charles // IRE Journal;May/Jun2001, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p14
Discusses the problems posed by inadequate training and equipment of firefighters in Detroit, Michigan.
- MANAGING THE PROBATIONARY FIREFIGHTER. Avillo, Anthony // Fire Engineering;Sep2001, Vol. 154 Issue 9, p39
Focuses on the ways in managing probationary firefighters. Upgrading of a firefighter; Obligations of the fire department on recruited firefighters; Orientation period of recruited firefighters.
- HEY, I'M STILL ASKING! Brennan, Tom // Fire Engineering;Feb2003, Vol. 156 Issue 2, p144
Discusses issues concerning the tactics of fire departments. Importance of a roll call for on-duty firefighters; Preparedness of the staff in a fire department; Duties and responsibilities of a fire personnel.
- WHEN TO 'SWEAT THE SMALL STUFF.' Wallace, Mark // Fire Engineering;Mar2003, Vol. 156 Issue 3, p175
Discusses the factors that should be focused on by firefighters. Types of fire departments; Factors that influence the duty performance of firefighters; Characteristics of a responsible firefighter.