Face Up to Reality
- Why Did You Become a Fire Chief? Coleman, Ronny // Fire Chief Expert Blog;10/9/2012, p1
The author reflects on becoming a fire chief. He recounts a conversation with Doctor Denis Onieal, superintendent of the National Fire Academy, about professionalism and the decision to become a fire chief. The author asserts that a very few people actually start a fire-service career with the...
- IAFC Volunteer Section announces EFO scholarship. // Fire Engineering;Jul95, Vol. 148 Issue 7, p22
Reports on the scholarship offered by the International Association of Fire Chiefs' Volunteer Section for the Executive Fire Officer Program at the National Fire Academy in Emmitsburg, Maryland. Scholarship sponsor; Requirements for applicants; Contact information.
- Going to the `national'. Kanterman, Ronald E. // Fire Engineering;Apr95, Vol. 148 Issue 4, p113
Opinion. Discusses the author's experience while visiting the National Fire Academy in Emmitsburg, Maryland. Historical background of the academy and the campus buildings; Policies within the campus; Description of the National Fallen Firefighter's Memorial.
- Fallen Firefighter Service videotapes available. // Fire Engineering;Feb95, Vol. 148 Issue 2, p27
Reports on the availability on videotape of the Annual Fallen Firefighters National Memorial Service held on October 16, 1994 on the campus of the US National Fire Academy. Cost and length of the videotape.
- Denis Onieal is new NFA superintendent. // Fire Engineering;Aug95, Vol. 148 Issue 8, p34
Reports on Denis G. Onieal's appointment as superintendent of the National Fire Academy (NFA) in Emmitsburg, Maryland. Career at the Jersey City Fire Department; Onieal's reflection on his responsibilities at the NFA; Educational background.
- Response to the White Paper. // Fire Engineering;May98, Vol. 151 Issue 5, p87
Presents a Memorandum to the Board of Visitors, National Fire Academy (NFA) from United States Fire Administrator Carrye B. Brown. Critical condition of the NFA; Inability to perform the full spectrum of work of the existing full time equivalents positions within the NFA; US Fire...
- Building model enhances NFA training program. // Fire Engineering;Oct98, Vol. 151 Issue 10, p52
Focuses on the addition of a model of an office and apartment complex demonstrating how a building's mechanical systems can affect smoke distribution at the National Fire Academy in Emmitsburg, Maryland. Features of the model; Total cost of the model; Advantages offered by the model.
- NFA recruiting contract instructors. // Fire Engineering;Jun99, Vol. 152 Issue 6, p48
Reports on the National Fire Academy's search for instructors for the revised `Command and Control of Fire Department Operations at Natural and Manmade Disasters.' Contact information.
- Are you a fire patriot? Angulo, Raul A. // Fire Engineering;Jun99, Vol. 152 Issue 6, p124
Reports on the formation of the National Fire Academy Alumni Association to guide the direction of the training of 21st century training and education for the National Fire Academy and the American fire service. Goals of the association; Description of the American fire patriot.