Strong Elementary Performance Helps Pearson Win Adoption
- Two Big Wins Help Pearson Take First Place In EM's Adoption Scorecard For 1999. // Educational Marketer;12/20/99, Vol. 30 Issue 36, p1
Reports that educational publishing company Pearson Education has won the top spot in `Educational Marketer' periodical's Adoption Scorecard for 1999.
- PEARSON EDUCATION PUMPS UP ITS INTERNET BUSINESS. Branch, Al // Curriculum Administrator;May2000, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p10
Discusses the plan of United States-based instructional material publisher Pearson Education to boost its Internet business. Deals signed by the company with Internet firms; Views of Peter Jovanovich, company's president and chief executive officer, about Pearson Education's strong presence in...
- Pearson Makes Big Buy as Revenues Rise. Milliot, Jim // Publishers Weekly;8/7/2000, Vol. 247 Issue 32, p9
Presents news on several companies involved in the education business as of August 7, 2000. Plans of Pearson Education to acquire National Computer Systems; Rise in sales at the Penguin Group in the first half of year 2000.
- Pearson Combines NovaNET And Computer Curriculum Corp. // Electronic Education Report;11/08/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 22, p2
Reports on Pearson Education Inc.'s move to combine National Computer Systems Inc.'s (NCS) online courseware provider NovaNET Learning and Pearson Education's educational software provider Computer Curriculum Corp. within weeks of the company's completion of the purchase of NCS.
- Pearson's Performance Leads Large Print Publishers in 2006. // Electronic Education Report;3/9/2007, Vol. 14 Issue 5, p4
The article provides information on the 2006 financial performance of Pearson Education Inc., the largest education publisher in the U.S. The company's revenue from its global K-12 and higher education publishing increases by 8% amounting to $5.29 billion in the said year. Moreover, the company...
- Q1 Indicates Positive Outlook for Rest of the Year. // Educational Marketer;5/14/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 10, p6
The article reports on the economic outlook of educational publishers Pearson Education Inc. and Reed Elsevier PLC (RE) in London, England for the rest of 2007. Pearson and RE were inspired by favorable sales trends and continued to be encouraged about the year in education. Pearson expects an...
- eCollege Acquisition Completed. // Educational Marketer;8/6/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 15, p7
The article reports developments about the acquisition activities of Pearson Education Inc. in the U.S. Accordingly, the company completed its acquisition of eCollege.com Inc. which costs $477 million. On the other hand, the company is awaiting the completion of its acquisition of Harcourt...
- Pearson Ed Looks for Strong Growth In '07 in K-12 and College. // Educational Marketer;10/29/2007, Vol. 38 Issue 21, p5
The article reports on the impact of strong summer sales of New Jersey-based Pearson Education Inc. on its school and higher education business outlook for 2007. It expects 4-6%growth in revenue to come in at the top end of its earlier forecast, driven by sales of programs that incorporate...
- Testing Made Simpler. // Language Magazine;Aug2006, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p40
This article presents an interview with Ed Lamprich, the VP of Primary and Secondary Publishing at Pearson Education Inc. When asked about the partnership, he refers to the integration of the Prosper assessment system into the Shining Star curriculum. He explained that Prosper is capable of a...