Measuring the business benefits of corporate responsibility
- Compassionate capitalism--a step in the right direction? Adams, Jenny // Brand Strategy;Sep2002, Issue 163, p6
Asserts that corporate social responsibility can enhance consumers' perceptions of a company or brand. Companies' need to demonstrate their social responsibility; Importance of consumers' recognition of the honesty and sincerity of a company.
- Who or what is the cause of aggravation? Not you, of course! Gitomer, Jeffrey // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;5/18/2012, p7
The author discusses the elements on how companies eliminate aggravation, complaints, and anger from customers which include attitude of acceptance, attitude of reception and attitude of taking responsibility.
- AN EMPIRICAL APPROACH ON THE SME VERSUS BIG COMPANIES CSR INVESTMENT ARGUMENTS. SALANŢĂ, I.; POPA, M. // Managerial Challenges of the Contemporary Society;2014, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p99
This paper explores the differences and similarities between the arguments for CSR investments of small and medium size companies and big ones from the point of view of a group of master's students. The study was developed during the spring semester in order to analyze the students' perception...
- The ABC of Generation Y. Cheese, Peter // Director;Dec2007, Vol. 61 Issue 5, p33
This article presents ten tips for employers on attracting and retaining Generation Y employees. It explains that Generation Y are often called the "Net Generation" because they grew up with new technology. Some of their characteristics is their ability to network, collaborate and respond...
- All or nothing doesn't work. // Cabinet Maker;6/25/2004, Issue 5394, p3
Comments on the support of companies for ethical sourcing in Great Britain. Emphasis on providing products with quality, diverse ranges and low price; Identification of the ethical solutions for factories; Role of the customers in improving the ethical trading practice of a company.
- Bulletproof Your Job. Tschohl, John // La Prensa San Diego;6/5/2009, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p9
The article offers five steps to make an employee indispensable in the company in California. The author cites the steps including asking to take more responsibility in the office, well management of time and focus on taking care of the customers, learn everything about the industry where the...
- 5 reasons why social causes should consider CRM. // Inc. India;12/2/2015, p1
The article presents a list of the benefits to the Fuze Night event wherein social impact industries explores topic of relationship management and cites the customer relationship management (CRM) system towards business success.
- 'Eco' appeals to job seekers. Anglebrandt, Gary // Crain's Detroit Business;11/22/2010, Vol. 26 Issue 48, p11
The article reports that talent attraction and retention is another practical benefit of sustainability as enthusiastic job seekers notice if a company is known for contributing to the local community for innovative products that solve societal problems or for policies that safeguard the...
- CSR BENEFITS AND COSTS IN A STRATEGIC APPROACH. Gligor-Cimpoieru, Diana Corina; Munteanu, Valentin Partenie // Annals of the University of Craiova, Economic Sciences Series;2015, Vol. 1, p90
In recent decades corporate social responsibility (CSR) has captured the interest of both practitioners and academics, being a concept extensively analyzed and discussed in terms of its many facets. But maybe due its complexity, still lacking a unified approach and a widely accepted definition,...