Lucent Moves To The Great Outdoors
- Stringing Communications Together. Rockwell, Mark // Wireless Week;10/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 36, p18
Reports that telecommunication companies are rolling out unified messaging or universal communications applications to smaller users in hopes of breathing life into a newborn market that includes connections with wireless services. Projection on the revenue for universal communications-based...
- Lucent program tests applications for compatibility. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;06/22/98, Vol. 17 Issue 25, p9
Announces that Lucent Technologies Incorporated has added applications to its Cooperative Innovations alliance program. Objectives of the additional applications; How the applications' compatibility was tested; Corporate information on the company.
- Lucent provides GSM efficiency. // RCR;05/24/99, Vol. 18 Issue 21, p10
Reports on the plan of Lucent Technologies Inc. to deliver PacketGSM, a technology that will allow voice and data to travel within a Global System for Mobile communications.
- Lucent Details Its Future. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;11/12/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 46, p14
Reports that Lucent Technologies Inc. has no plans to provide products using enhanced data rates for global evolution (EDGE) technology. Markets Lucent is targeting instead; Analyst reaction to Lucent's move; Why Lucent will focus on data-first products.
- Lucent will equip Taiwan operators. // RCR;11/03/97, Vol. 16 Issue 43, p12
States that Lucent Technologies Incorporated deployed the initial phase of Taiwan's first national Global System for Mobile communications 1800 MHz network, when it connected networks for KG Telecom and Tuntex Telecom. Number of installations already made by Lucent; Details on KG Telecom and...
- Lucent WIN apps offer calling name, originated SMS solutions. Hammer, Dianne // RCR;02/15/99, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p30
Introduces two wireless intelligent network applications from Lucent Technologies Inc. Functions and features; Services offered to wireless carriers; Applications; Offerings to mobile users.
- Lucent aims for No. 1 spot in 3G. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;11/29/99, Vol. 18 Issue 48, p20
Focuses on Lucent Technologies Inc.'s goal of becoming the leader in the third-generation wireless communications arena in the United States. Expansion of its product portfolio in spread spectrum technology; Reorganization of its business strategy to become more of a network integrator for...
- Lucent enhances 3G base station platform. // RCR Wireless News;5/7/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 19, p3
Focuses on the plan of Lucent Technologies Inc. to enhance its third-generation wireless communication base station standard. Purpose of the enhancement of the wireless communication standard.
- Wireless Wires. Seybold, Andrew M. // Wireless Review;06/01/99, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p53
Focuses on local multipoint distribution service (LMDS). Economic model for LMDS; Landlords as potential market; Preparation of Lucent Technologies for LMDS implementation.