A Clash Of Literary Titans
- Wireless making a push into online shopping arena. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;11/23/98, Vol. 17 Issue 47, p3
Reports on plans by wireless carriers and vendors to offer their products online for the 1998 Christmas season. Projected growth in electronic commerce; Items most popular with online shoppers; Online stores launched by AT&T Wireless, Bell Atlantic Mobile; Nth Dimension Corp. and CellMart.
- Shop From Anywhere on Amazon. // Chain Store Age;Nov99, Vol. 75 Issue 11, p174
Announces the launching of Amazon Anywhere, a shopping service of online retailer Amazon.com. Product offered by the service; Internet software company that supports Amazon Anywhere; Search engine also launched by the company.
- Building Earth's LARGEST Library: Driving into the Future. Coffman, Steve // Searcher;Mar99, Vol. 7 Issue 3, p34
Discusses several competitive advantages offered to customers doing business over the Internet as illustrated by Amazon.com. Selection offered by Amazon.com; Accessibility and convenience; Quality of Web site and search tools.
- E-comm: Love, trust and doing wrong. Gibbs, Mark // Network World;06/07/99, Vol. 16 Issue 23, p90
Focuses on the author's experience when he ordered a book from Amazon.com Inc. Electronic mail notification received from the company; Problems with the price of the book.
- Growing Pains Continue To Haunt Amazon.com. Guglielmo, Connie // Inter@ctive Week;09/13/99, Vol. 6 Issue 37, p9
Reports on the efforts to improve the performance of the electronic commerce company, Amazon.com. Revenue of the company in the second-quarter of 1999; Long-term prospects of the company.
- Second Amazon Patent Generates Concern, Spurs Support For Boycott. // Book Publishing Report;03/06/2000, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p5
Reveals that a patent awarded to Amazon.com for its `affiliates' program has raised concern that the company will try to block other online retailers from using a customer referral system. Patent's protection of Amazon's automated registration software; Concerns on the impact of the patenting...
- Dynamics of pricing eyed. // Fairfield County Business Journal;12/11/2000, Vol. 39 Issue 50, p16
Reports on Amazon.com's practice of dynamic pricing in its electronic shopping business.
- Amazon to Launch Services In India Next Year. SRIVASTAVA, ISHAN // India -- West;8/5/2011, Vol. 36 Issue 37, pA42
The article reports on the entrance of Amazon.com Inc., the world's largest online retailer, into the Indian market in the first quarter of 2012.
- Amazon Winning the Holiday Toy War. Townsend, Matt // Promotional Marketing;12/18/2013, p1
The article reports on the reliability of Amazon.com Inc., an electronic commerce company headquartered in Seattle, Washington, as an online source for shoppers looking for toys, as indicated in the results of a survey conducted by Bloomberg Industries in 2013.