- Phone.com adds voice-recognition service with @Motion buy. Bruno, Antony // RCR;01/03/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p10
Reports on Phone.com Inc.'s signing of an agreement to acquire voice portal technology provider @Motion Inc. Acquisition price; Phone.com's plan to integrate @Motion's Internet voice portal to add voice-recognition services to its MyPhone Wireless Application Protocol Internet portal service.
- Merger activity quiet of late, but far from over. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;03/23/98, Vol. 17 Issue 12, p25
Comment on merger activity within the United States' paging industry. Perception that the merger spree in the industry for the past years has subsided, but acquisition activity is not over; Comments from Jeanine Oburchay, associate director of Bear, Stearns and Company Incorporated; View that...
- Making it work in the real world. Peckham, Jeremy // Voice+;Jan/Feb2000, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p37
Focuses on the prospects of the speech technology industry. Acquisition of voice portal company @Motion by Phone.com; Dictation services launched by Speech Machines; Popularity of General Magic's myTalk service.
- Metrocall likely buyer for Vanguard paging properties. BRUNO, ANTONY // RCR;10/12/98, Vol. 17 Issue 41, p1
Discusses questions raised over AT&T Corp.'s plans for Vanguard Cellular Systems Inc.'s paging operations following its announced acquisition of the independent cellular business. Analysts' expectations for the deal; Metrocall Inc.'s right of first refusal should AT&T sell the paging unit;...
- Phone.com Goes Beyond WAP. Smith, Brad // Wireless Week;07/31/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 31, p5
Focuses on the telecommunication company, Phone.com Incorporated. Partnerships and technology deals of the company; Series of acquisitions made by Phone.com in 1999; Outlook for the company; Growth of the company since the success of its initial public offering on June 11, 1999.
- Phone.com incorporates in France, plans Paris office. // RCR;03/20/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 12, p44
Reports on Phone.com Inc.'s incorporation in France.
- Viewpoint. Ford, Tracy Anderson // RCR;8/19/96, Vol. 15 Issue 33, p39
No abstract available.
- The growth of paging in Asia's evolving markets. Vegting, Marijka; Rehak, Alexandra // Telecom Asia;Aug95, Vol. 6 Issue 8, p34
Focuses on the growth of paging in Asia. Statistics on the number of users; Penetration rates; Growth rate; Private sector participation; Political issues; Market segments; Paging licenses; Return on investments.
- ERMES: A world standard contender for paging. Cooper, Charles // Telecom Asia;Oct95, Vol. 6 Issue 10, p68
Focuses on European Radio Messaging Service high speed paging standard. Data transmission rate; Use of four level frequency shift keying; Approval of the International Telecommunication Union. INSET: The FLEX paging protocol: Current.., by Brian Washburn..