Adding A Big Dash Of Acronyms
- Glossary. // Communications News;Jul96, Vol. 33 Issue 7, p62
Presents a glossary of terms relating to communication systems. Includes `ACD'; `ACR'; `ADSL.'
- Fundamentals behind systems test. // Telephony;1/16/95, Vol. 228 Issue 3, p20
Lists terminologies associated with telecommunication systems test technology.
- Band. // Network Dictionary;2007, p58
Definitions of the term "band" are presented. In telecommunication, band refers to the range of frequencies between two defined limits which are used for a specific purpose. It also refers to one of the geopolitical boundaries established to define a wide-area telephone service serving area.
- Communication Subsystem. // Network Dictionary;2007, p111
A definition of the term "Communication Subsystem" is presented. It refers to a general term in telecommunications systems. It describes a functional entity or operational assembly that is smaller than the larger assembly under consideration.
- Communication System. // Network Dictionary;2007, p111
A definition of the term "Communication System" is presented. It refers to a set of all the individual telecommunications networks components including switches, transmission systems, relay stations, etc. to perform a telecommunications task.
- Glossary of terms. // Electric Light & Power;Mar1997, Vol. 75 Issue 3, p16
Presents the definition of various terms and phrases used in communications systems and electric utilities. CEBus; Gateway; Home LAN; Home user interface; RF; Real-time pricing; Time-of-use pricing.
- Main Feeder. // Network Dictionary;2007, p299
A definition of the term "Main Feeder" used in relation to telecommunication is presented. It refers to the first facility cable coming from the central office, running to cross-connect points in the network where the second facility cable feeds are connected.
- Interoperability. Sumner, David // QST;Oct2007, Vol. 91 Issue 10, p9
The article discusses the concept of "interoperability" in radio. Interoperability in radio refers the to the ability of operators or devices to communicate with one another. The concept normally refers to the characteristics of equipment rather than to operators although language and jargon...
- Ballot. // Network Dictionary;2007, p58
A definition of the term "ballot" is presented. Also known as a Letter Of Agency (LOA), ballot is a release form in telecommunication system used to authorize a customer's long-distance phone service to be switched to another long-distance carrier or reseller.