- Cellular service 5000 feet up. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;07/10/2000, Vol. 239 Issue 2, p68
Focuses on AirCell's reuse of cellular frequencies for delivery of communications services to small aircraft. Reason competitors might want AirCell's offering to fail; Information on AirCell's technology for the communication system; List of companies supporting AirCell's system.
- DATAMONITOR: Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. // Telephone & Data Systems, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Jul2009, p1
The article presents a corporate profile for Telephone and Data Systems Inc. (TDS), a Chicago, Illinois-based diversified telecommunications company that provides wireline and wireless telephone services. TDS operates primarily through the U.S. Cellular Corp. and TDS telecommunications. It also...
- U.S. Cellular, TDS again delay financials. // RCR Wireless News;1/30/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 5, p9
The article reports on the move of U.S. Cellular Corp. and its parent company, Telephone and Data Systems Inc. (TDS) to delay the release of their financial results for the third quarter of 2005. Both companies have until February 28, 2006 to file their results for the 2005 third quarter. U.S....
- AirCell Geared For Takeoff. Carlson, Caron // Wireless Week;06/19/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 25, p14
Reports on the approval for AirCell to sell its airborne cellular system for airplanes in the United States. Restrictions given to AirCell by the Wireless Telecommunications Bureau; Concern of wireless carriers; Handset cost; Target market of AirCell.
- PCS rollout contributes to TDS loss. Mooney, Elizabeth V. // RCR;02/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 5, p50
Reports on Chicago, Illinois-based Telephone and Data Systems Inc.'s financial performance for the fourth quarter and fiscal year 1998. Increase in revenue; Net loss per share of stock; Factors affecting the company's finances.
- Telephone and Data Systems, Inc. SWOT Analysis. // Telephone & Data Systems, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Jul2007, p1
A company profile of Telephone & Data Systems Inc., a diversified telecommunications company that provides wireline and wireless telephone services, is presented. An overview of the company is given, along with key facts including contact information, number of employees and revenues. A SWOT...
- SWOT Analysis. // Telephone & Data Systems, Inc. SWOT Analysis;Jul2007, p5
A business analysis of Telephone & Data Systems Inc., a diversified telecommunications company that provides wireline and wireless telephone services is provided, focusing on its strengths, weaknesses, opportunities for improvement and threats to the company. Strengths include growing wireless...
- AirCell aims to reuse cellular channels for airborne applications. Beckman, Kristen // RCR;11/10/97, Vol. 16 Issue 44, p10
States that AirCell Inc. has developed a system to provide ground communications for aircraft using cellular channels. Length of time that the company have been testing the system; Response to AirCell's system; Features of the system; Background information AirCell Incorporated.
- Flights to offer Wi-Fi. // Rural Telecommunications;Nov/Dec2006, Vol. 25 Issue 6, p9
The article reports about the in-flight communications services from Verizon, AirCell and JetBlue. Verizon will be pulling its Airfones from all commercial planes due to its high costs and low revenues, but will continue the service to corporate and government planes. AirCell and JetBlue offers...