Globalstar Looks Forward To Revenue
- Untitled. Hancock, Amy C. // Satellite Communications;Apr99, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p18
Reports on the launching of low Earth orbit satellites by Globalstar in April 1999. Background on the satellites; Benefits of the Globalstar system to customers; Plans of the company.
- Globalstar at the starting gate. Kiernan, Vincent // Satellite Communications;Jul97, Vol. 21 Issue 7, p36
Details Globalstar LP's preparations for its first batch of low orbiting spacecraft. Planned orbits of the satellites; Details on deployment; Testing of the satellites for proper function.
- Rocket crash hits cellphone plans. // Professional Engineering;09/16/98, Vol. 11 Issue 17, p6
Reveals that a number of orbit satellites for a Globalstar cellphone network was destroyed when the company's Russian launched rocket crashed. Value of the satellites; Information on the failure of the rocket; Plans of a Surrey Satellite Technology company to use a Russian intercontinental...
- First satellite launch for Globalstar. // Telecommunications - International Edition;Mar1998, Vol. 32 Issue 3, p26
Focuses on the first four out of a planned 48 low orbit satellites launched by Globalstar. Schedule for the launching of another four satellites; Reason for the delayed tenth launching of Iridium.
- Can anyone here play this game? Ryan, Vincent // Telephony;04/03/2000, Vol. 238 Issue 14, p81
Provides information on Globalstar, a satellite mobile phone service provider in the United States. Perception of investors on the viability of the global mobile satellite telephony market; Comparison of Globalstar's business model and network architecture with that of Iridium; Technology used...
- Globalstar on the up, though more financing necessary. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;11/09/98, Vol. 17 Issue 45, p36
Focuses on Globalstar LP's position as a low-cost provider of mobile satellite service. Telecommunications firms involved in the partnership; Target of Globalstar's service; Impact of the launching of Iridium LLC's mobile satellite service.
- Untitled. // Satellite Communications;Sep99, Vol. 23 Issue 9, p16
Reports on the four low Earth orbit (LEO) satellites launched by Globalstar aboard a Boeing Delta 2 rocket. Tally of Globalstar satellites in orbit; Remarks from Mac Jeffery, senior director, public relations of Globalstar; When Globalstar plans to complete its constellation of satellites.
- Globalstar: Fighting Negative Perceptions. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;05/08/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p22
Presents information on the satellite business of Globalstar. Competition facing the company; Marketing campaigns of the company; Services being provided by Globalstar.
- Globalstar Completes Satellite Launches, Prepares for Service Launch. // Export Today's Global Business;Jan2000, Vol. 16 Issue 1, p19
Reports on the completion of the satellite launches of the Globalstar satellite phone network. Total number of satellites put into orbit by Globalstar as of November 1999; System testing at the end of 1999; Service to be provided by Globalstar.
- GLOBALSTAR OFFERS INTERCONTINENTAL SERVICE. // Engineering & Mining Journal (00958948);May2000, Vol. 201 Issue 5, p16TT
Informs on Globalstar's announcement of the commercial availability of its roaming satellite telephone service among most countries in North and South America and Europe. Only global mobile telephone service that works in the vast areas of the globe; Partners in Globalstar.