All Shook Up: Value Telecom Rattles Virgin
- Virgin Mobile coming to America. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;08/28/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 35, p1
Announces the plan of virtual network operator Virgin Mobile USA to sign an agreement with a telecommunication carrier in the United States and offer nationwide service by the end of 2001.
- Virgin Mobile to open up third party premium SMS. Pearse, Justin // New Media Age;1/23/2003, p3
Focuses on the decision of Virgin Mobile to open up third party reverse billing for short messaging system (SMS) service. Benefits to content providers; Reason for the reluctance of Virgin Mobile to allow third party premium SMS access in year 2002; Issues on the quality of SMS services.
- Virgin Mobile sets sights on Asia. // RCR Wireless News;6/18/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 25, p40
Reports on the plan of Virgin Mobile to expand its mobile virtual network operations into the Asian market. Cost of the expansion; Expansion period targeted by the company; Target markets of the company in Asia.
- New Competitor Steps In Strong. McCall, Margo // Wireless Week;05/07/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p3
Reports on the emergence of virtual network operators in the United States such as Virgin Mobile that might become strong competitor of wireless communication system operators. Strategy of Virgin Mobile; Remaining uncertainties about third-generation wireless services; Impact of consolidation...
- The right MVNO cocktail? Secker, Matthew // Telecommunications - International Edition;May2002, Vol. 36 Issue 5, p16
Focuses on the business models of Virgin Mobile chief executive officer Tom Alexander. Company objectives on the customer service contentment; Advantage of network operators; Rationalization of the organization and investments.
- Fall in Singapore ends Virgin's Asia dream. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Aug2002, Vol. 13 Issue 8, p12
Reports on the closure of Virgin Group's Singapore-based mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) business, Virgin Mobile Asia-Pacific. Viability of the MVNO sector.
- Virgin's virtual challenge. Clark, Robert // Wireless Asia;Nov2001, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p8
Reports the preparation of Virgin Mobile to introduce mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) in the telecommunications industry in Singapore. Disputes in interconnection of the MVNO model; Survey on the average MVNO monthly phone bill; Search for MVNO business partnerships.
- Virgin Mobile to offer GPRS and MMS services. // New Media Age;2/5/2004, p3
Reports on the launch of General Packet Radio Service (GPRS) and MMS services by Virgin Mobile in Great Britain in February 2004. Factors which hindered the plans of Virgin to launch GPRS and MMS services; Significance of the move to mobile providers.
- On with the show. // Total Telecom Magazine;Feb2007, p25
The article discusses the global trends in mobile communication services in the 21st century. Analyst and media reports estimated Virgin Mobile had signed fewer than 10,000 users to its mobile television service since it launched in the Great Britain in October 2006. Meanwhile, the landscape in...