Kyocera Thinks Globally With Handset Purchase
- CDMA firm sells phone division while advancing technology. Mannion, Patrick // Electronic Design;01/24/2000, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p28
Reports that Qualcomm Inc. has sold its terrestrial-based code division multiple access (CDMA) phone division to Kyocera Corp. Rationale for the sale; Completion of the world's first successful over-the-air phone calls compliant with the industry-standard 3G CDMA; MSM5000 solution for mobile...
- Qualcomm, Kyocera deal price set at $500M. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;01/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 2, p1
Reports on speculations of the sale price of Qualcomm Inc.'s cellphone manufacturing operations to Kyocera Corp. Deal as a positive one for Qualcomm's stock in late December 1999; Qualcomm's noncompetition with top companies such as Motorola, Nokia and Samsung; Kyocera as a major producer of...
- Qualcomm drops semiconductor spinoff. // RCR Wireless News;7/30/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 31, p18
Reports on the decision of Qualcomm Inc. to drop its spin off plan for its semiconductor business.
- Qualcomm Hangs Onto The Chips. Albright, Peggy // Wireless Week;7/30/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 31, p10
Reports on the decision of Qualcomm to cancel the spinoff of its its intellectual property rights business from the semiconductor business. Benefits of the spin off; Reasons for canceling the plan; Views of analysts on the reorganization of Qualcomm.
- Qualcomm Lays Off. // Wireless Week;01/24/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 4, p1
Focuses on the sale of Qualcomm's handset division to Kyocera Corp. Effect of the sale to the employees of Qualcomm; Businesses affected by the sale.
- Analysts Like Qualcomm's Spinoff Plan. Allen, Mike // San Diego Business Journal;07/31/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 31, p1
Reports on industry analysts' view on telecommunications firm Qualcomm Inc.'s plan to spinoff its chip set business. Strategic value of the proposed spinoff; Latitude in cross licensing technology of the company to be called Spinco; Challenges in Qualcomm Inc.'s current configuration.
- Qualcomm stock shows benefit of MS agreement. Siedsma, Andrea // San Diego Business Journal;03/06/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p25
Reports on Qualcomm Inc.'s alliance with Microsoft Corp. to jointly develop advanced wireless, multimedia-capable devices in the United States. Focus of the company's development efforts; Importance of the alliance to Qualcomm's efforts to meet the need for wireless Internet devices;...
- The Network >> Separation anxiety. McGarvey, Joe // Inter@ctive Week;03/20/2000, Vol. 7 Issue 11, p56
Observes the spinoff trend among optical network equipment makers. Reason behind the move; Equipment maker that can only deliver a services-ready environment.
- Qualcomm Takes Full Possession of Wireless Firm. Graves, Brad // San Diego Business Journal;11/12/2001, Vol. 22 Issue 46, p8
Reports the purchase of the share of Microsoft Corp. by Qualcomm Inc. in a joint venture known as Wireless Knowledge Inc. in San Diego, California. Services provided by Wireless Knowledge; Factors in the break up of the venture; Introduction of Microsoft of own products.