More Spectrum Intensity
- We Won't Get Fooled Again. Petersen, George // FRONT of HOUSE;Nov2013, Vol. 12 Issue 2, p4
The article offers the author's perspective over the requirement by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) among UHFTV television channels under the 700 megahertz (MHz) to be reallocated a 600 MHz due to safety reasons.
- UHF spectrum fees a possibility. Holland, Bill // Billboard;12/17/94, Vol. 106 Issue 51, p71
Reports that there has been discussion of a plan in the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) that would force broadcasters to pay for future UHF spectrum uses. Inclusion of DAB and high-definition television; Impact of the plan.
- Washington Watch. Stern, Chris // Broadcasting & Cable;9/18/95, Vol. 125 Issue 38, p18
Reports in brief the proposal made by the FCC for the elimination of the requirement that television set manufacturers file report on the `UHF noise figure' performance of new set models.
- Clinton: Sell spectrum. Stern, Christopher // Variety;7/15/96, Vol. 363 Issue 10, p52
Reports on US President Bill Clinton's proposal to sell UHF channels 60 through 69. Details of the Clinton administration's UHF proposal; Broadcasters' opposition to the proposal.
- BEHIND THE HEADLINES. // New Republic;8/30/54, Vol. 131 Issue 9, p3
The article presents various U.S. news briefs. The U.S. Gross National Product (GNP) has risen by $200 million in the second quarter of 1954 after falling steadily since early 1953. The U.S. Federal Communications Commission has issued a policy statement regarding Ultra High Frequency (UHF)...
- Proposal would vacate UHF by '07. Halonen, Doug // Electronic Media;3/18/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 11, p1
Focuses on the White House proposal regarding the auction of ultrahigh frequencies (UHF) used by television broadcasters in the U.S. Request of the government on the relocation of broadcasters operating on UHF channels; Conflict of ideas between the law and government; Transition to digital...
- Pubcaster funding idea may hurt TV stations. Wharton, Dennis // Variety;6/03/96, Vol. 363 Issue 5, p8
Reports that House telecommunications subcommittee chairman Jack Fields is eyeing a plan to raise funds for public broadcasters that would require auctioning off channels 60-69 of the UHF TV spectrum. Fields' goal of creating a trust fund to wean public broadcasters off federal funding.
- FCC Focuses On World Markets. Vaughan, Allyson // Wireless Week;03/26/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 13, p61
Reports that the United States Federal Communications Commission (FCC) is focused on the barriers facing companies in the country trying to enter foreign telecommunication markets. Information on a public international forum held by the FCC: Key to success in foreign markets.
- PCS rules may hamper minorities, women. C.S.S. // Broadcasting & Cable;12/12/94, Vol. 124 Issue 50, p82
Reports that Federal Communications Commission rules designed to promote investments in minorities, women and small businesses that want to break into personal communications services (PCS) actually make attracting capital difficult. Limitations of the rules for investors; Requirements for...