Car Phone Use Banned In Hilltown
- Cutting-edge pagers battle cellular phones. Brookman, Faye // Crain's New York Business;10/10/94, Vol. 10 Issue 41, p28
Reports that pagers are competing with cellular phones for dominance in telecommunications following the Federal Communication Commissions's auction of the airwaves. Potential developments in paging technology; Optimism about the future of the industry; Introduction of user-friendly services to...
- Proposed Telecom Rules Send Bharti Shares Lower. Kinetz, Erika // India -- West;5/21/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 26, pB6
The article reports on the impact of the proposal to hike existing mobile spectrum fees on leading cell phone operators in Mumbai, India.
- Cordless phone monitoring: A legal question. Saxon, Marc // Popular Electronics;Oct97, Vol. 14 Issue 10, p64
Provides information about the policy of monitoring cordless telephones in United States. Effects of the overcrowding of cordless phone channels in 1995; Reactions of the government on the problem; Information about the Electronic Communications Privacy Act (ECPA) in monitoring cordless phones.
- Helsinki to offer parking payment via mobile phones. // RCR Wireless News;1/21/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 3, p25
Presents information on the mobile telephone parking payment system implemented by the city of Helsinki in Finland in 2002. Cooperation agreement signed by Sonera Corp. with regard to the parking payment service; Number of users of the payment system; Details of the payment system.
- Thank you for playing our game. Keckler, D.A. // Mobile Radio Technology;Mar1998, Vol. 16 Issue 3, p4
Editorial. Comments on US Federal Communications Commission (FCC) actions affecting the mobile radio segment of the telecommunications industry in the United States. Dismissal of a petition requesting the FCC to cancel certain enhanced specialized mobile radio licenses held by Nextel...
- Memorandum on mobile services antennas. Clinton, William J. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;8/14/95, Vol. 31 Issue 32, p1424
Presents President Bill Clinton's memorandum given on August 10, 1995 on authorizing federal agencies to facilitate access to federal property for the siting of mobile services antennas.
- Bulgaria awards 4th mobile operator license. // Regional Today;01/15/2013, p4
The article reports that Bulgaria-based mobile communications operator Bulsatcom has been granted a mobile communications operator license by the country's Communications Regulation Commission.
- Australian 3G auction rules emphasize competition. Legard, David // InfoWorld;12/11/2000, Vol. 22 Issue 50, p46F
Reports on Australian government's rules for the country's third-generation mobile-phone spectrum that will be held in the first half of 2001. Agency that will run the auction.
- Taiwan: Low interest in low-powered mobile. Clark, Robert // Telecom Asia;Jul98, Vol. 9 Issue 7, p10
Looks at the impact of a technology-neutral policy, which bans the use of code division multiple access (CDMA), on Taiwan's cellular market. Licensing of the country's low-powered mobile operators in the 1,800-1,900 megahertz range; Reasons for opening low-powered services; Chunghwa Telecom's...