GSM Leader Arise In D.C
- GSM gains ground with merger. Carroll, Kelly // Telephony;06/28/99, Vol. 236 Issue 26, p7
Explores the acquisition of Omnipoint Communications by VoiceStream Wireless. Comment from Terry Phillips of Omnipoint; What the combined company can provide.
- GSM eyes northern borders. Gohring, Nancy // Telephony;11/01/99, Vol. 237 Issue 18, p9
Focuses on the acquisition of Omnipoint Communications and Aerial Communications by VoiceStream company. Rumors about Microcell and Clearnet being acquisition targets; Consolidation of GSM operators in Canada; Why Microcell would welcome a VoiceStream investment.
- Mega-merger Leaves VoiceStream's Resellers Guessing. Mendez-Wilson, Deborah // Wireless Week;05/15/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 20, p31
Focuses on the effects of the merger of VoiceStream and OmniPoint to wireless communication resellers. Failure of OmniPoint to give the commissions of its resellers; Challenges faced by VoiceStream over the issue; Views of analysts on the billing and compensation problems.
- Sprint PCS, VoiceStream entertain swap. // RCR Wireless News;8/26/2002, Vol. 21 Issue 34, p34
Reports the possible deal between Sprint PCS and VoiceStream Wireless Corp. Terms of the deal.
- VoiceStream set to become world's largest GSM carrier. Luna, Lynnette // RCR;06/28/99, Vol. 18 Issue 26, p1
Reports on VoiceStream Wireless Inc.'s planned merger with Omnipoint Communications Corp. Impact of the deal to VoiceStream's presence in the American Global Systems for Mobile (GSM) communications market; Consolidation trends in the GSM market; Strengths of VoiceStream's GSM business.
- Services Stock Sector Steams Ahead. Alleven, Monica // Wireless Week;10/25/99, Vol. 5 Issue 43, p23
Focuses on the trading status of the stocks of wireless companies in the United States. Stock prices of Omnipoint Communications and VoiceStream Wireless; Condition of the stocks of personal communication system; Factors that contributed to the increase value of wireless stocks.
- Hollings, Dingell discount VoiceStream/DT merger. Weaver, Heather Forsgren // RCR Wireless News;3/12/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p11
Reports on the opposition against the acquisition of VoiceStream Wireless Corp. by Deutsche Telekom AG.
- Mystery Caller. // Wireless Review;12/15/99, Vol. 16 Issue 25, p7
Presents information on the customer services of telecommunication companies, AirTouch Communications, Sprint PCS and VoiceStream. Ratings of the services.
- 3G? What's That? // Wireless Review;7/1/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 13, p32
Tests the knowledge of customer service representatives of various wireless providers concerning 3G, or the third generation of mobile communications technology. VoiceStream Wireless company; Qwest Wireless company; Sprint PCS company.