Wireless Seeks To Close Digital Divide
- BellSouth to begin testing high-speed wireless Internet access. // RCR;12/13/99, Vol. 18 Issue 50, p46
Announces BellSouth Corp.'s plan to test high-speed wireless Internet access in Houma, Louisiana, in 2000, using wireless communications service spectrum. Use of the Cellspan broadband wireless equipment and integration and operations expertise of ADC Telecommunications.
- There's Nothing Like a Good Test. Kuhl, Craig // Wireless Week;3/20/2006, Vol. 12 Issue 7, p18
Focuses on the advantages of testing complex new data networks, multi-application handsets and the integration of both into a wireless world to carriers and test equipment manufacturers. Challenges in capturing sophisticated testing equipment and building crucial test and measurement functions...
- BellSouth wins Guatemala wireless license. // RCR;11/01/99, Vol. 18 Issue 44, p6
Reports that Bell South-led consortium has won a license to provide nationwide wireless communications service in Guatemala. Partnership with Panama-based Multi Holding Corp.
- E-911 TARIFF ALARMS WIRELESS CARRIERS. Luna, Lynette // Telephony;8/19/2002, Vol. 243 Issue 7, p8
Reports that the U.S.-based firm, BellSouth Corp. has started charging tariff everytime it carries E-911 location traffic between public safety answering points and wireless networks. Impact for the wireless industry; Provision of 911 and E-911 services to wireless callers; Deployment of E-911...
- BellSouth introduces integrated wireless, wireline voice mail. // RCR;02/21/2000, Vol. 19 Issue 8, p47
Introduces BellSouth Corp.'s Wireline-Wireless Mailbox, which enables customers to have one integrated voice mailbox for their home and cellular phones. Key features of the product; BellSouth's plan to offer the ability to send faxes to the mailbox.
- South Korea: Wireless testbed. Omatseye, Sam // RCR Wireless News;10/29/2001, Vol. 20 Issue 44, p29
Reports on the popularity of South Korea as experimentation ground for technologies in wireless communications. Potential benefits of third-generation technology; Reasons behind the country's popularity in wireless technology experiments; Stance taken by the government on business proposals...
- Looking for Trouble. Miletic, Rich // Wireless Review;01/15/2001, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p52
Offers a look at the drive-testing activities of wireless-network companies to identify network problems. Equipment used for data gathering; Productivity of network engineers and technicians; Solution attributes.
- Testing: From Antenna to Telco. Loberg, Chris; Walker, Joe // Wireless Review;11/01/98, Vol. 15 Issue 21, p52
Offers suggestions on testing and monitoring wireless data communication networks. What increases the complexity of testing and trouble shooting; Factors that prevent revenue-generating calls; Advantage of using protocol analyzer. INSET: Vendors look ahead to 3G.
- BellSouth Plans Latin Tracker, Eyes SBC Tie-up. // Wireless Week;04/03/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 14, p1
Reports on the plans of BellSouth Corp. to issue a tracking stock for its Latin American businesses. Value of the plans; Latin American countries where BellSouth has wireless business operations; BellSouth to merge its United States wireless phone businesses with those of SBC Communications Inc.