Dow chemical profits edge up
- Strong Volumes Lift Earnings. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;12/15/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 41, p33
Reports on the financial performance of chemical companies in the U.S. in the third quarter of 2004. Percentage of increase in the net income of Dow Chemical; Amount of pretax operating income posted by DuPont; Improvement in the net income of Rohm and Haas.
- Citigroup says peak has passed. Lohan, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;8/21/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 6, p5
The article reports that the business forecast of Citigroup on the financial performance of companies in the chemical industry in the U.S. Citigroup analysts forecasted that the Dow Chemical will have a poor second-quarter performance for 2006 as evidence that the peak for commodity chemicals...
- Chemical Suppliers Increasing Prices. // Printed Circuit Design & Manufacture;Jul2008, Vol. 25 Issue 7, p8
The article reports that chemical companies the Huntsman Corp., Dow Chemical, Dupont and Rohm & Haas have announced plans to increase prices or add surcharges as a result of increasing energy and raw-material costs. Huntsman will pass on higher costs for energy and petroleum-based chemical...
- Strong Results in the First Quarter. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;6/23/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 21, p41
Provides information on the financial performance of companies in the chemical industry in the first quarter of 2004. Value of the net income of Dow Chemical; Increase in the earnings of Rohm and Haas; Rise in the net income of DuPont.
- Fourth-Quarter Sales Improve, But Earnings Crimped by Costs. Walsh, Kerri // Chemical Week;3/24/2004, Vol. 166 Issue 10, p27
Reports on the improvement of the sales of several chemical companies for the fourth quarter of 2003. Implication of raw material costs on the earnings of the companies; Reason behind the growth of the revenue of DuPont; Increase in the net earnings of Dow Chemical in 2003; Factors that...
- News. // Textile Chemist & Colorist;7/16/1969, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p7
The article offers news briefs about textile industry expansion in the U.S. Textile imports into the U.S. increased by 300% over the past eight years. Du Pont Co. intends to build a textile plant in Wurtland, Kentucky. Rohm & Haas Co. is expanding its Fayetteville, North Carolina textile plant.
- Performance Chem Leaders DuPont And Rohm and Haas Post Steady Gains. Chang, Joseph // Chemical Market Reporter;5/5/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 18, p1
Reports on the financial performance of chemical companies DuPont and Rohm and Haas in the first quarter of 2003. Earnings of DuPont and gains in sales for the period; Profits and increase in sales of Rohm and Haas.
- Industry giants step up alliance. Haber, Lynn // eWeek;8/7/2006, Vol. 23 Issue 31, pE2
The article discusses the Chemical Sector Cyber Security Program (CSCSP) launched by the chemical industry players such as Dow Chemical, DuPont, Rohm and Haas, Eastman Chemical, Nova Chemicals, and Celanese to maximize cyber-security. CSCSP director Neil Hershfield said that CIOs at leading...
- Dow vs. Du Pont. Feldman, Amy // Money;Oct99, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p40
Reports on the competition for growth between Dow Chemical and DuPont chemical companies. What Strategies they are using; Revenue and market capitalization; Prospects for the future.