PX contracts in the spotlight
- Asia PX and OX are likely to tighten as China gives PTA capacity a boost. LOH, BOHAN // ICIS Chemical Business;1/9/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 2, p17
The article reports that paraxylene (PX) and orthoxylene (OX) players of Asia are struggling with the limited supply for 2012, as new downstream purified terephthalic acid (PTA) capacity in China is in favor of sellers.
- PET prices up 4, PP down 1. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;12/2/2013, Vol. 25 Issue 36, p0003
The article reports on the four cents increase per pound in polyethylene terephthalate (PET) bottle resin in North America, driven mainly by feedstock-related issues, while regional prices for polypropylene resin drop one cent per pound in November 2013. It says that regional prices have been...
- PX makers firm on $570-580. // Asian Chemical News;7/21/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 409, p24
Reports on the attempt of Asian paraxylyne (PX) producers to beat back resistance from purified terephthalic acid (PTA) customers to their contract price nominations for August 2003 which is higher than the July prices. Plan of PX producers in Japan and South Korea to reduce operating rates to...
- Gazprom Neft- possible PTA plant? // CIREC Monthly News;Jul2012, Issue 259, p12
The article reports that Gazprom Neft examines prospects for the construction of purified terephthalic acid (PTA) and polyethylene terephthalate (PET) plants at refinery in Omsk, Russia, where paraxylene is exported and produced.
- U.S. Para-Xylene Recovery Expected. Morris, Gregory D. L. // Chemical Week;3/29/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 11, p51
The article reports on the recovery of contract prices for para-xylene in North America as of March 29, 2006. Para-xylene contract prices on the U.S. Gulf Coast decline from October 2005-January. European prices are a little lower for February contracts. The longer-term positive sign is in...
- Markets & economics. // Chemical Week;6/21/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 24, p50
Looks at the prices of several chemicals in international market as of June 21, 2000. Decline in prices for Asian purified terephthalic acid; Market share of para-xylene contracts in third-quarter; Price increases for methyl chemicals and solvents products of Celanese.
- The great PX headache. // Asian Chemical News;9/29/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 418, p10
Assesses the status of paraxylene-purified terephthalic and polyethylene terephthalate industry in Asia as of September 2003. Challenges facing the industry; Concerns on the availability of paraxylene feedstock; Examination of the capability of Asia to build its own paraxylene plants based on...
- Xylenes and Terephthalates Due For Recovery. // Chemical Market Reporter;3/11/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 10, p18
Focuses on the '2001 World Xylenes and Terephthalates Analysis,' completed by the Chemical Market Associates Inc. which predicted that the xylenes market will recover. Statement from Chase Willet, director of polyester and polyester raw materials.
- Paraxylene. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;9/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 33, p45
The article explains paraxylene (PX), the largest volume isomer of the mixed xylenes. About 98% of demand comes from the polyester chain via one of its intermediates, purified terephthalic acid or dimethyl terephthalate. A small amount of PX is used as a solvent and to produce di-paraxylene and...