On track for newsuper car
- Contingency plans. J. D. H. // Model Railroader;Sep2010, Vol. 77 Issue 9, p21
The article provides an answer to a question regarding a defective tank car which carries a hazardous load.
- Tank cars still driving railcar orders. // Railway Age;Aug2013, Vol. 214 Issue 8, p6
The article reports that 12,511 rail cars were delivered in the second quarter of 2013, as 47 percent of the total orders were tank cars, based on the statistics posted by the Railway Supply Institute American Railcar Institute Committee (ARCI).
- Ethanol industry. J. D. H. // Model Railroader;Aug2014, Vol. 81 Issue 8, p20
The article presents an answer to a question on what tank car models were used by the journal when it did a feature on building a small ethanol plant.
- Tank car travails. Nahass, David // Railway Age;Oct2012, Vol. 213 Issue 10, pDB4
The article discusses the continuing growth in the demand for tank railcars to be used in hauling crude, ethanol, gasoline and denaturated alcohol from the Bakken shale region in North Dakota. The author believes that the growth is being driven by the increasing delivery of oil from the Bakken...
- Railcar market: Thy name is ethanol. // Railway Age;Jun2007, Vol. 208 Issue 6, p28
The article offers a look at the condition of ethanol railcar building market in North America. Information is presented about the lease rate and lease terms for ethanol tank cars. Market condition of various railcar types is given including boxcars, coal cars and covered hoppers. Statistics of...
- UTC's Plant No. 1 rolls out 50,000th car. Welty, Gus // Railway Age;Apr95, Vol. 196 Issue 4, p16
Reports on the construction of the 50,000th car in Union Tank Car's (UTC) Plant No. 1. Use of the car in transporting vinyl chloride; Leasing to Vista Chemical Co.; Comments of UTC president, Ken Fischl.
- Railway Post Office. O'Connell, Mike; Kreinik, Stephen; Williams, David; Kutella, Bob; Carlson, Brian J. // Model Railroader;Feb2009, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p20
Several letters to the editor are presented in response to the articles in the December 2008 issue including "Transition Time," by Tony Koester, "4 Weeks to a Bigger Layout," by David Popp and an article on tank cars.
- Brass tacks (and other metal bits), part 3. Strong, Kevin // Garden Railways;Apr2006, Vol. 23 Issue 2, p24
Presents information on how to make a tank car for garden railways. Materials to be used in making the tank car; Procedure for making the parts of the tank car; Information on how to solder the metal parts of the tank car.
- New Funnel Flow Tank Car features improved tooling. // Model Railroad News;Jul2012, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p54
The article previews the revised and enhanced WalthersProto HO-scale 54-foot UTLX 23,000-gallon funnel flow tank car model from Wm. K. Walthers Inc.