- Propylene oxide. // ICIS Chemical Business;11/21/2011, Vol. 280 Issue 17, p47
The article presents information about propylene oxide. The largest consumer of propylene oxide (PO) is polyether polyols. Consumption into polyols has been good, driven by continued growth in polyurethanes (PU), particularly from the insulation and automotive sectors. Demand in Europe is...
- China PO prices hit 22-month low. Brice, Andy; Wan, Hsin Hun // ICIS Chemical Business;12/4/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 46, p39
The article reports on the decrease in prices of propylene oxide (PO) due to weak demand from the downstream polyols sector and an increase in propylene oxide supply. The polyols industry has been affected by a fall in demand and high toluene diisocyanates prices, which surged on tight supply....
- Polyol sentiment is stable-to-firmer. Finch, Heidi // ICIS Chemical Business;9/1/2014, Vol. 286 Issue 6, p13
The article discusses the stability of flexible polyol and rigid polyol contract prices in northwest Europe on free delivered basis. It is noted that propylene oxide production constraints at Moerdijk in the Netherlands had deferred margin recovery by sellers as of August 2014 in addition to...
- Propylene oxide. // ICIS Chemical Business;9/7/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 8, p35
The article presents information on the prospects of the propylene oxide industry. The largest consumer of propylene oxide (PO) is polyether polyols, used to make polyurethanes (PUs). According to some producers, demand has improved since the second quarter (Q2) of the financial year 2009,...
- PO demand strong in US. // Chemical Business;Oct99, Vol. 13 Issue 10, p68
Reports on the market status of propylene oxide as of October 1999. Factor in favor of its production; Demand for polyurethanes; Market concerns.
- propylene oxide. // ICIS Chemical Business;10/26/2015, Issue 3684, p2
The article presents information on propylene oxide and mentions topics which include the different uses of propylene oxide, the reported propylene oxide shortage in Europe and propylene oxide production in the U.S. and Asia.
- RIM/Urethanes. // Plastics Technology;Nov2006, Vol. 52 Issue 11, p23
The article offers news briefs related to urethanes, as of 2006. Dow Polyurethanes has developed a range of natural-oil polyols (NOPs) for polyurethanes. Dow is confident that it can produce NOP products that can surpass the performance of hdydro-carbon based polyols by using optimized blends of...
- PO up by $300 on high C3 costs. // Asian Chemical News;9/13/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 460, p23
Reports on an increase in propylene oxide (PO) prices in Asia in September 2004. Factors that contributed to the increase; Efforts of a Chinese PO producer to support the increasing demand for PO; Status of propylene spot cargo in Korea and Japan.
- Propylene oxide. // ICIS Chemical Business;11/26/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 15, p30
The article discusses the chemical propylene oxide (PO), focusing on the sales, prices, and industry outlook for PO manufacturing as of November, 2012. Topics include the use of PO as an intermediate in manufacturing propylene glycol ethers and flame retardants, supply and demand for PO...