- A TRUE STORY OF SCOUTS IN ACTION. // Boys' Life;Jan2012, Vol. 102 Issue 1, p32
This article features a car accident suffered of Boy Scout Fernando Espinosa while helping a teacher cross a busy road.
- Akzo plans â‚¬250m Chinese complex. // TCE: The Chemical Engineer;Jun2007, Issue 792, p14
The article reports on the plan of Akzo Nobel to establish two chemical production plants for ethylene amines and chelating agents worth â‚¬250 million in China. The company says that the plants will utilize state-of-the-art technology and will meet standards for eco-efficiency. Jo Lennartz,...
- Dow Corning Calls for Collaboration. // Electronic News (10616624);3/14/2005, Vol. 51 Issue 11, pN.PAG
Focuses on the speech given by Dow Corning executive Phil Dembowski at the 2005 China Semiconductor Manufacturing Summit in Shanghai in March, which centered on the importance of collaboration to the semiconductor industry. Role of business models in the formation of a supplier base; Risks...
- key changes. // Chemical Week;8/1/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 26, p32
The article announces the resignation of Peter McCausland from the board of directors of Valspar, the appointment of George Iannuzzi to the board of directors of the Color Marketing Group and the appointment of Phil Dembowski as business director for advanced technologies and ventures of Dow...
- Employee development. // People Management;02/09/95, Vol. 1 Issue 3, p8
Provides information on different career developments of employees in United Kingdom. Electrical training of Britvic technicians; Agreement of trade unions in Land-Rover; Proposal on overhauling of professional status awards; Selection of teams for youth skills olympics; Cargill's launching of...
- Employee development. // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p11
Presents news which focuses on employee development in the United Kingdom. Launching of the national vocational qualifications (NVQ) for the people working at ports; Survey on the training levels in engineering companies; Investment of the Rank Xerox UK for its open-learning facilities.
- Why CPD is a duty to yourself and others. Haistead, Nichola // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p59
Presents the answers to common questions about continuing professional development (CPD) presented in an conference of Institute of Personnel and Development. Factors which constitutes evidence of CPD; How to meet CPD obligations; How to keep up CPD if unemployed.
- The keys to advancement. Van Heule, Jim // Paint & Coatings Industry;Dec94, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p22
Offers advice regarding career advancement. Career goals; Importance of education; Career moves before the age of 40; Additional keys.
- Career development discussions as a team-building strategy. Koonce, Richard // Bank Marketing;Sep97, Vol. 29 Issue 9, p13
Suggests the use of career development discussion with employees as a team-building strategy. Factors that improve during the process of discussing career development; Causes of company downsizing and restructuring.