it's just business
- City size, prices, and efficiency for individual goods and services. Simon, Julian L.; Love, Douglas O. // Annals of Regional Science;Oct90, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p163
Examines the relationship of prices to the sizes of cities for individual goods and services and for a number of broad groups. Evidence that price alone does not indicate efficiency; Determination of which categories are offered more efficiently and less efficiently in larger cities; Finding...
- Puerto Rico retail prices rose in May. Valentin-Mari, Jeffry // Caribbean Business;6/29/2000, Vol. 28 Issue 25, p10
Reports that Puerto Rico's Consumer Price Index (CPI) rose in May 2000. Increase in month-to-month local retail process; High inflation rate; Decline in the purchasing power of the consumer dollar; Increase in cost of living figures; Biggest price increase registered in the transportation...
- Ireland Third Dearest City In EU For A Night Out. // Hospitality Ireland;Feb2015, Issue 93, p7
The article focuses on a study conducted by consumer network One Big Switch, which ranked Ireland as the third most expensive city in Europe to have a night out.
- Wasatch Front area cost of living drops 0.4%. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;12/25/2000, Vol. 30 Issue 25, p11
Focuses on the decline of local cost of living in Wasatch Front area in Utah in November 2000. Results of First Security's Wasatch Front Area Cost of Living Report; Decline of prices in transportation and groceries.
- Feeding the Addiction. Coffin, Bill // Risk Management (00355593);Dec2006, Vol. 53 Issue 12, p13
The article discusses the international trend of oil prices. Peak oil is the time at which global oil production is at its height and will decline terminally thereafter. The U.S. is the world's leading oil consumer because of the long standing habits of consumers making the U.S. addicted to oil....
- Gas prices push up local cost of living. // Las Vegas Business Press;04/19/99, Vol. 16 Issue 16, p15
Reports on higher cost of living in Las Vegas, Nevada in March 1999 due to higher gasoline prices.
- Jump is gas prices results in higher cost of living. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;03/01/99, Vol. 28 Issue 36, p17
Reports that the jump in gas prices helped drive the cost of living conditions in Utah in January 1999. Percent increase of national cost of living.
- Diverse in people and places. Breskin, Iran // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);8/29/2003 Supplement, Vol. 50 Issue 36, p79
Focuses on the cost and standard of living in Long Island, New York. Increase of the median home prices; Percentage of the crime rate; Diversity of the population.
- Cost of Living. // USA: Chicago Career Guide;2011, p6
The article offers an overview on the cost of living in Chicago, Illinois. Living in the said city was considered to be affordable. According to the U.S. Census Bureau, the per capita income of the city is significantly higher where nearly 21 percent of the population lives below the poverty...