Rail capacity threatens US energy
- More to energy bill than meets the eye. Cullen, David; Carretta, Justin // Fleet Owner;Jan2008, Vol. 103 Issue 1, p20
The article reports on the energy bill signed by the U.S. President George W. Bush and its impact on the truckers in the U.S. The signed bill will be focusing on the federal fuel standard for cars and it will force the car industries to increase the fuel mileage for about 40% for light trucks...
- Everybody Pays. Gilligan, Dan // Convenience Store News;2/4/2008, Vol. 44 Issue 2, p67
The article reflects on the proposal of a new energy bill H.R. 6 by the U.S. President George W. Bush and the Congress. The bill, which is projected to have consequences for retailers, include the most costly ethanol mandate which requires yearly increase in ethanol blending up to 36 billion...
- THE NEW SOCCER MOMS. Schneider, William // National Journal;6/09/2001, Vol. 33 Issue 23, p1770
Focuses on the energy problem in the United States (U.S.). Opportunities for U.S. President George W. Bush in energy crisis; Solution proposed by Democrats; Percentage of sports utility vehicle owners who support Bush's energy plan.
- Bush Releases Energy Plan. // Energy User News;Jun2001, Vol. 26 Issue 6, p1
Reports the energy plan of President George W. Bush in the United States. Focus on traditional energy sources; Criticisms of the plan; Details of the energy plan.
- Environment am-Bushed? Luckey, James // International Power Generation;Apr2002, Vol. 25 Issue 3, p3
Focuses on the problems faced by the power market in the U.S. Information on the energy plan of President George W. Bush; Details on the various sectors affected by the energy problems; Link between the reduction of greenhouse gases and the economic growth rate.
- Bush Uses Visit to DOE to Promote Conservation. // Energy User News;Aug2001, Vol. 26 Issue 8, p42
Reports the promotion of energy efficiency and conservation by President George W. Bush at the Energy Department in the United States. Use of grants for research; Appointment of Energe Secretary Spencer Abraham as a watcher for vampire appliances.
- Energy plan faces NIMBY (or BANANA) resistance. McLaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;5/16/2001, Vol. 93 Issue 120, p2
Discusses the outlook for the energy crisis in the United States. Resistance of homeowners to natural gas pipeline networks near their property; Outlook for the proposal of an energy plan by U.S. president George W. Bush; Issue of environmental awareness in the U.S.
- Hiding in plain sight. // Business Journal Serving Fresno & the Central San Joaquin Valley;4/20/2007, Issue 323702, p26
No abstract available.
- Interview With Eberhard Piltz of Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen, Germany. Bush, George W. // Weekly Compilation of Presidential Documents;6/4/2007, Vol. 43 Issue 22, p725
An interview with U.S. President George W. Bush by Eberhard Piltz of Zweites Deutsches Fernsehen in Germany is presented. When asked about climatic changes, he cited the significance of using corn-based ethanol in automobiles. He clarified that the missile defense system is aimed at protecting...