Most-read stories onJULY 17-24
- NEW PROJECTS REPORTED IN ECN October 2005. // European Chemical News;10/10/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2166, p30
This article presents a chart of chemical companies with the corresponding status of their projects reported in European Chemical News in October 2005, including firms such as BASF, Lynodell and Perstorp.
- Specialties. // Chemical Week;10/6/1999, Vol. 161 Issue 37, p27
Presents updates related to the specialty solvents and chemical industry as of October 6, 1999. Plan of the Lyondell Chemical Co. to market tert-butyl acetate in the United States; Plan of BASF to build a paper colorants plant in Mexico; Construction of the color-changing pigment plan of the...
- basic chemicals & plastics. // Chemical Week;12/14/2005, Vol. 167 Issue 42, p26
The article presents news briefs on the chemical industry as of December 14, 2005. Yangtze River Acetyls has began the expansion of its acetic acid plant at Chongqing, China. Lyondell has restarted its Lyondell-Citgo fluid catalytic cracking plant. BASF and International Specialty Products have...
- Lyondell: Waiting for the Upturn. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;1/9/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 2, p47
Presents information on Lyondell Chemical. Financial information on the company; Key products of Lyondell; Outlook for the company.
- Lyondell to Sell Over $150 Million in Stock. // Chemical Market Reporter;10/13/2003, Vol. 264 Issue 12, p3
Reports on the plan of Lyondell Chemical Co. to sell shares of stocks in the U.S. Total shares to be sold; Business agreement between Lyondell Chemical Co. and CS First Boston Inc.; Downgrade of the credit ratings of Lyondell Chemical Co. and Equistar Chemicals LP.
- Lyondell, OxyChem Reject Millennium's Equistar Offer. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;2/9/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 6, p7
Reports that Lyondell and Oxychem declined the offer of Millennium Chemical company to sell them its stake in Equistar company. Implication of such offer; Remarks from William M. Landuyt, chairman and chief executive officer of Millennium; Opinion of investors on the issue.
- Prices Level Off After Recent Rise. Terry, Larry // Chemical Week;2/9/2000, Vol. 162 Issue 6, p30
Reports that prices of styrene levelled off after the abrupt increase on export demands as of February 2000. Impact of the tight styrene supply on Lyondell Chemical company; Forecasted increase of styrene contract prices; Increase supply and declining production costs of styrene by the end of...
- Lyondell to add ChemConnect sales platform. // European Chemical News;2/24/2003, Vol. 78 Issue 2041, p18
Reports on the MTBE market of Lyondell Chemical as of March 2, 2003. Information on the sales platform of Lyondell; Comments from Murray Barter, Lyondell's European MTBE trader.
- news briefs. // Chemical Week;11/13/2002, Vol. 164 Issue 45, p7
Presents news briefs on the chemical industry in the U.S., as of November 13, 2002. Release of a guidance document on value chain security by the American Chemistry Council; Sale of the methanol distribution business of Lyondell Chemical to Garret Petrochemical ; Rejection of voters in Oregon...