Look before youleap
- Is Michigan Key to Logistics Industry? // World Trade: WT100;Oct2012, Vol. 25 Issue 10, p15
The article discusses a study commissioned by Business Leaders for Michigan that showed Michigan can grow its position as a logistics gateway by increasing its efforts to support and maintain its logistic base and investments in infrastructure and identifying niche industry sectors to build on.
- Duisburg invests â‚¬155m in port logistics development. Burridge, Elaine // ICIS Chemical Business;4/17/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p30
The article reports on the investment of the German port of Duisburg in new infra- and suprastructure projects between 2006 and 2008. Port operator Duisport is investing â‚¬51.1 m to redevelop the former Sudamin MHD site which sits directly on the Rhine. Duisburger Hafen will get funding to...
- Greece Woos a Big Spender. Theil, Stefan // Newsweek (Pacific Edition);10/18/2010 (Pacific Edition), Vol. 156 Issue 16, p17
The article reports on the move by China to boost its investments in Greece, including a 35-year, 5-billion-dollar deal to lease and operate the main port and to build a logistics terminal to connect with southeastern Europe, along with investment plans in construction, tourism and railways.
- Contract Manufacturing in China Comes With a Price. Enslow, Beth; Fitzgerald, Kevin // World Trade;Sep2005, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p28
Reports on the results of a survey conducted by Aberdeen Group regarding the contract manufacturing operations in China in June 2005. Decision of surveyed companies to underestimate the complexity associated with Chinese trade management; Significance of monitoring multiple steps with Chinese...
- Despite rise of other sources, China likely to stay on top. // Furniture/Today;5/21/2012, Issue 36, p82
The article reports on the idea by a panel of furniture executives at the Sandow Media's 2012 Logistics Conference that China might remain a vital source of furniture for many succeeding years.
- The Week. // JoC Week;6/3/2002, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p12
Reports developments related to global business logistics as of June 2002. Plan of Deutsche Post World Net to invest in Asia; Negotiation of Teamsters and United Parcel Service; Initiation of Service via Panama Canal by Grand Alliance shipping.
- SHANGHAI BOOSTS LOGISTICS INVESTMENT. // Automotive Logistics;May/Jun2006, p7
The article discusses the efforts of Shanghai, China, to be an internationally competitive logistics network by 2010 by investing $620 million in 10 key logistics projects. According to vice mayor Hu Yanzhao, Shangai would capitalize on the unprecedented opportunity to build its logistics...
- Miracle worker. Thame, David // Estates Gazette;7/20/2002, Issue 229, p118
Focuses on the development sites in Staffordshire, England. Discussion of specialist logistics firms; Overview of the investment industry in Staffordshire; Role of local authorities in the improvements of the development sites.
- Research of Harmony Degree Evaluation of Coal- electricity Supply Chain Based on Least Square-Structural Modeling. LI Wei-wei; Liu Qing-hua // International Journal of Digital Content Technology & its Applic;Nov2012, Vol. 6 Issue 21, p357
Supply chain coordination has become a critical success factor for supply chain management and effectively improving the performance of organization in various industries. China has a very unique and imbalanced energy structure, it's coal and electricity industries have a strong reliance on each...