- VOICES FROM THE WEB. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/13/2009, Vol. 276 Issue 1, p7
Several blogs are presented including one on polyolefin markets, another on developing a formulation to eliminate the use of perchlorate in fireworks and one on the press release of the Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers of India.
- How long will the good times last? Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;5/15/2005, Vol. 11 Issue 491, p32
Looks at the status of polyolefin prices in Asia in 2005. Information on polyolefin prices; Reasons behind the collapse of ethylene prices; Outlook for polyolefin prices in 2005. INSET: OLEFIN PLAYERS FACE UNCERTAIN TIMES.
- A golden opportunity. Chang, Joseph; Loh, Bohan // ICIS Chemical Business;6/15/2009, Vol. 275 Issue 24, p14
The article reports on the petrochemical expansion projects of the petrochemical company Borouge. It will start up its Borouge 2 project in mid-2010, and is pushing to complete Borouge 3 project by the end of 2013. Both the projects are located in Ruwais, United Arab Emirates (UAE). The...
- MOL Polyolefins Margins Rise on Polymers Demand. // Chemical Market Reporter;2/21/2005, Vol. 267 Issue 8, p5
Reports on the increase in Hungarian oil and petrochemicals group MOL's polyolefins margins in 2004. Factors that contributed to the increase; Improvements in financial figures.
- Petrochemicals Profits Sag. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;07/12/99, Vol. 256 Issue 2, p6
Reports that the profitability of the Western European petrochemicals industry declined in the second quarter of 1999 despite higher selling prices. Decline of the cash margin index for petrochemicals and polymers; Factors behind the decline; Remarks from Arvind Aggarwal, a Chem Systems consultant.
- Roller coaster ride. Bianchi, Monica; Todd, Martin; Pidgin, Sally // European Chemical News;Sep2003 Supplement, p34
Discusses the efforts of the European polyolefin industry in dealing with their expectations in 2003. Factors behind limited polypropylene availability; Performance of polystyrene markets in the first and second quarters of 2003; Implications for the need for rationalization during slow demand...
- Latest trends in polyolefin compounding. // Popular Plastics & Packaging;Nov2009, Vol. 54 Issue 11, p74
The article looks at the trends in the polyolefin compounding industry in India in 2009. A hybrid antioxidant that contains phenolic and phosphonic moieties is created by Sumitomo Chemical. A test is being conducted on Mayzo's beta nucleant masterbatches to enhance toughness and lessen weight in...
- Japan's ethylene industry reconfigures. // Chemical Business;Mar2010, Vol. 24 Issue 3, p82
The article reports on the factors which necessitated the reconfiguration of the ethylene industry in Japan as the country's petrochemical sector is facing new trade dynamics. Domestic demand in the country's petrochemical industry has dropped from 5.7 million tonnes in 1999 to 2000 to 5.3...
- Singapore's July petchem manufacturing output on 12.5% on year. // Chemical Business;Sep2010, Vol. 24 Issue 9, p70
The article reports on the statement issued by the Economic Development Board of Singapore, that the country's petrochemical manufacturing output has increased annually by 12.5% as of July 2010 which is attributed to enhanced profits from refineries.