Up against the chattering masses
- Businesses Cool to Twitter, Facebook, Etc. Ginovsky, John // Community Banker;Nov2009, Vol. 18 Issue 11, p59
The article reports that only a few small business owners and managers find any commercial value to social networking Web sites and services like LinkedIn, Twitter and Facebook, according to a survey by Citibank in the U.S. in 2009.
- Sky creates first head of social media position. Bearns, Suzanne // New Media Age;3/11/2010, p03
The article reports on the creation of the position of head of social media for broadcast company Sky who will act as an in-house specialist to develop digital strategies for the company.
- ALL THE ANSWERS. // Las Vegas Business Press (10712186);9/13/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 37, pP29
The article presents the views of several executives in Las Vegas, Nevada on the use of online social networks in their life and business including AEG Live Las Vegas marketing director Suzanne Richardson, Henderson Libraries executive director Tom Fay, and RMI Management marketing director...
- Social Media for Recruiting. Witham, Theresa // Credit Union Management;Feb2012, Vol. 35 Issue 2, p30
The article provides information on top networking site used by North American companies to find job candidates.
- New tools take holistic approach to social media marketing. SCHWARTZ, MATTHEW // B to B;5/3/2011, Vol. 96 Issue 6, p21
The article reports on new tools which take a holistic approach to social media marketing. SocialEye, introduced by digital marketing services company Overdrive Interactive, is designed to track marketers' social media efforts in a more holistic fashion. Kristin Kane, director for Skill-Soft,...
- TWEETS OF THE MONTH. // Supply Management;5/1/2011, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p58
The article presents some procurement-related messages posted on the social networking site Twitter including one about a dinner for procurement managers, one about procurement training in the European Union, and one about cold calling.
- BE CAUTIOUS WHEN 'FRIENDING' EXECUTIVES. // CU360;3/1/2010, Vol. 36 Issue 3, p2
The article reports on a survey which reveals that executives are not comfortable to connect with their staff, clients and vendors in online social networks in the U.S.
- Ten things to learn about Facebook. Coles, Linda // New Zealand Management;Aug2010, Vol. 57 Issue 7, p64
The article offers ten things that business leaders in New Zealand can learn about the social networking site Facebook. Facebook users should keep their privacy settings open to share information with their friends. It recommends adding any good video clips about the products and services...
- Super Bowl ads set online trends, GR executive says. Slowik, Elizabeth // Grand Rapids Business Journal;2/1/2010, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p3
The article reports on the announcement by advertising executive Bill McKendry on new trends in Super Bowl advertising using social networking sites.