Hotel Shop Talk
- Buyers help keep interim fees down. Ellinor, Rebecca // Supply Management;8/25/2005, Vol. 10 Issue 17, p11
Reports on the salary of interim purchasing managers in Great Britain. Increased role of purchasing departments in human resources; Trends in recruitment of interims.
- New MDA chief seeks savings after merger. Arminas, David // Supply Management;2/19/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the selection of Dale Stokes as head of procurement at leisure supply chain and procurement specialist MDA in Great Britain. Career background; Role in his assumed post; Responsibilities that come with his position as procurement executive in the company.
- On the move. // Supply Management;3/18/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 6, p11
Reports on career developments of purchasing executives in Great Britain as of March 2004. Appointment of Michael Pilkington as executive director at SSL International PLC; Appointment of Tony Byers as group procurement manager at Gleeson Homes; Entry of Luke Bujarski at e-sourcing consultancy...
- Purchasing's value often lost in company mergers. Arminas, David // Supply Management;7/3/2003, Vol. 8 Issue 14, p10
Relates insights of Stephan Wagner, head of corporate supply chain management at Swiss packaging and beverage filling maker SIG Holdings Inc. on how the value of procurement departments are lost in consolidation and mergers without taking into account what strategic value the merged function can...
- On the move. // Supply Management;9/23/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 19, p11
Presents news concerning executives in the British purchasing field as of September 23, 2004. Appointment of Jane Spendley as head of procurement at the University of Lutton; Purchasing managers recruited by heating company Vaillant Hepworth.
- Selection criteria. Nutley, Michael // New Media Age;2/1/2007, p21
The article discusses the use of procurement departments in buying agency services that is becoming a standard practice. With being online becoming a critical part of companies' business and the budgets becoming much bigger, there is more concern among clients that they are getting value for...
- Up in the air. Cohen, Amon // Supply Management;7/17/2008, Vol. 13 Issue 15, p34
The article presents an interview with Mike Platt, former group industry affairs director at travel management company TMC HRG, about the travel procurement process. According to Platt, purchasers are spending too much time hammering away at suppliers when they could achieve greater savings by...
- Selection and certification of suppliers is detailed process. Lockwood, Henry // Caribbean Business;8/1/1996, Vol. 24 Issue 30, pS8
Reports on the role of the purchasing department in the attainment of a company's objectives. Improvement of operations while reducing costs; Vendor selection and certification process; Steps companies follow to certify vendors; Teamwork concept in industrial procurement.
- Suggested Reading. // Sourcing Solution;2003, p203
A list of books that relate to sourcing is presented which includes "E-Procurement: From Strategy to Implementation," by Dale Neef, "International Purchasing Handbook," by James M. Ashley and "Global Sourcing," by Lee Krotseng.