Playing by the Rules
- City employment trends will put HR in driving seat. // Personnel Today;4/13/2004, p2
Salary increases in the financial industry will thrust human resource into the limelight as companies search for innovative ways to recruit and retain staff across industry. It was reported that a boom in salaries and bonuses for specialist bankers would ripple out across the financial sector,...
- KOLEEN ROACH. Bassett, Michael; Hall, Alison; Ball, Corbin // Financial & Insurance Meetings;Nov/Dec2005, Vol. 41 Issue 6, p29
Profiles Koleen Roach, director of Recognition and Conference Planning at Securian in Saint Paul, Minnesota. Estimated number of meetings the executive plans each year; Views on contract negotiations and new hotel fees.
- Star search. // Accounting Today;Spring2008 Supplement, Vol. 22, p1
The article discusses recruitment and retention challenges among certified public accountant (CPA) firms. Mentioned is the competition among financial services companies in attracting the best candidates. Many firms are said to have formulated recruitment and retention programs to entice the...
- Stress and financial services call centres. // RoSPA Occupational Safety & Health Journal;Mar2003, Vol. 33 Issue 3, p10
Presents information on a guide launched by finance sector unions for employers and staff in finance call centres in Great Britain which tackles the unacceptable levels of stress and reduce the levels of staff turnover. Number of employees in the financial services call centre industry;...
- Ready, Set, Recruit. Ramsey, Lindsey // FoodService Director;12/15/2008, Vol. 21 Issue 12, p38
The article offers information on the strategies employed by food service operators in the U.S. in recruiting and retaining employees in an effort to survive the economic downturn. To entice student employees to stay on and become student managers, Deon Lategan, director of dining services at...
- State officials OK new business recruitment, retention incentive. Wallace, Brice // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;7/30/2012, Vol. 41 Issue 52, p1
The article reports on the business recruitment and retention incentive in the state of Utah. The Governor's Office of Economic Development (GOED) board approved the incentive that targets counties defined as rural but with large population centers. Rural counties can use the state's Rural...
- Recruitment and Retention: The People Problem. Muson, Howard; McGuckin, Robert H.; van Ark, Bart // Across the Board;Jul/Aug2001, Vol. 38 Issue 4, p87
Comments on the recruitment and retention challenge facing business organizations in the United States. Economic status of the country; Obstacles to the growth of small- and mid-sized companies; Information on the incentives offered by small companies.
- Scottish council acts to bolster workforce. // Community Care;10/7/2004, Issue 1543, p53
Reports on the action taken by the Midlothian Council to improve the recruitment and retention of its social work staff. Recipients of the reward; Condition before employees can receive the reward; New post created in line with the council's plan to increase the number of management post.
- Bridging the Generational Leadership Gap. Sladek, Sarah L. // International Professional Performance Magazine;2007, Vol. 15 Issue 2, p26
The article offers tips on how the process of recruiting and retaining younger generations should be done to bridge the generational leadership gap in the present scenario. It is suggested that care should be taken to establish relations with youngsters and create programs to suit their...