Witold Orlowski -- Prominent Polish Internist
- Procedural Skills of the General Internist. Wigton, Robert; Nicolas, Jo; Blank, Linda // Annals of Internal Medicine;12/15/89, Vol. 111 Issue 12, p1023
Presents a study which determined the clinical procedures used by general internists in their practice, how often these procedures are done, and what training is needed to develop and maintain competence of each. Concerns regarding the procedural skills of general internists; Design of the...
- "Internists are losers" Monaco, Michael E. // Medical Economics;05/22/2000, Vol. 77 Issue 10, p163
Details how the author, as an internist, took a stand against his for-profit colleagues. Poor financial performance of internists; Continuing financial deficit experienced by a corporate-owned medical group; Author's dedication to his profession.
- Physicians believe that practice guidelines help--especially their own. // Modern Medicine;Oct94, Vol. 62 Issue 10, p69
Presents a summary of the article `Internists' Attitudes About Clinical Practice Guidelines,' by S.R. Tunis et al., from the `Annals of Internal Medicine' dated June 1, 1994. Confidence of physicians in clinical practice guidelines issued by specialty organizations; Physicians' views on the...
- Don't call me a primary care physician! Roberts, Alan // Medical Economics;9/3/2001, Vol. 78 Issue 17, p39
Suggests ways to recapture the internists' traditional role. Decline in the role of internists in medicine; Example of the shrinking role of general internists.
- Twenty-year trends in the Ohio generalist physician workforce. Williams, R. Tennyson // Journal of Family Practice;Dec1998, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p434
BACKGROUND. Many factors contribute to the variations seen in physician workforce projections, including assumptions about attrition, new physician entry, and geographic requirements. Our study offers data for benchmarking future research into this complex issue. METHOD. At 5-year intervals...
- Use of Professional Time by Internists and General Practitioners in Group and Solo Practice. Brody, Barbara L.; Stokes II, Joseph // Annals of Internal Medicine;Nov70, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p741
Presents a study on the use of professional time by internists and general practitioners in group and solo practice. Method of the study; Results and discussion; Conclusion.
- Just how unconventional is Sinaiko? // Medical Economics;06/21/99, Vol. 76 Issue 12, p61
Investigates into internist/allergist Robert J. Sinaiko's medical practice that has gained support from the mainstream medical community. Use of enzyme-potentiated desensitization; Testimonies supporting Sinaiko's alternative treatment; Medical experts' opinion that Sinaiko's treatments were...
- Day in the life. The best of both worlds. Daniel, John // Therapy Today;Dec2010, Vol. 21 Issue 10, p30
A personal narrative is presented which explores the author's experience of operating a private psychotherapy practice while teaching at the University of Huddersfield.
- WHEN DOCTORS MAKE MISTAKES. Burleigh, Nina // Self;May2006, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p216
The article focuses on the mistakes doctors commit in the U.S. A study by the Institute of Medicine in Washington D.C. found that as many as 98,000 Americans are killed by medical error. Doctors typically learn as early as medical school not to explain bad outcomes for fear that their words be...