CVC to take on Taminco
- Untitled. // EuroProperty;2/7/2011, p56
The article presents information on the recent acquisition of AlpInvest Partners NV by Carlyle Group. Volkert Doeksen will remain chief executive of AlpInvest. AlpInvest has been bought together with the private equity fund's management, from APG, PGGM and AlpInvest Partners. It is reported that...
- Philips Semiconductor sold to private-equity firm. Carson, Phil // RCR Wireless News;8/14/2006, Vol. 25 Issue 33, p14
This article reports on the sale of Philips Semiconductor to a group of private-equity investors led by Kohlberg, Kravis Roberts & Co., Silver Lake Partners and AlpInvest Partners NV. According to parent company Philips Electronics, it wanted to shed its semiconductor unit to improve its own...
- ABN AMRO buys distributor IMCD. Robinson, Simon // European Chemical News;7/25/2005, Vol. 83 Issue 2157, p11
Reports on the plan of European bank ABN AMRO to acquire speciality chemicals distributor IMCD from AlpInvest Partners. Number of staff employed by IMCD; Views of ABN AMRO managing director Marc Staal on the qualities of IMCD.
- Philips Completes NXP Sale. Deffree, Suzanne // Electronic News;10/9/2006, Vol. 52 Issue 41, p13
The article reports that Royal Philips Electronics has sold an 80.1 percent stake in its semiconductor business to a private equity consortium. The consortium is composed of Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co., Silver Lake Partners, Bain Capital, Apax Partners and AlpInvest Partners NV. Former head of...
- Apollo Management to Acquire Taminco from CVC. Young, Ian // Chemical Week;1/2/2012, Vol. 174 Issue 1, p11
The article reports on the decision of private equity company Apollo Global Management to acquire Ghent, Belgium-based alkylamines and derivatives producer Taminco from CVC Capital Partners in December 2011.
- M&A Fireworks Continue. Westervelt, Robert // Chemical Week;7/4/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 23, p5
The article discusses mergers and acquisitions (M&A) activity in the chemical industry. It offers information on deals to acquire alkylamines producer Taminco and Huntsman. It predicts that M&A activity will continue to be strong in the second half of 2007 despite climbing interest rates....
- Taminco Buys Arkema's U.S. Methylamines Business. Seewald, Nancy // Chemical Week;5/9/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 16, p11
The article reports that Taminco, a producer of methylamines and derivatives, has agreed to acquire Arkema's North American specialty amines business. The business to be acquired generates sales of $72 million/year. Arkema's specialty amines business includes alkylalkanolamines, specialty alkyl...
- Taminco to buy Air Products amines unit. Crow, Patrick // Chemical Market Reporter;8/28/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 7, p5
The article reports on the acquisition of Air Products Inc.'s amines business by Taminco Inc. The sale is part of its portfolio restructuring according to Air Products. The company creates methylamines and higher amine products that are globally used in many household, industrial and...
- Money manager M&A assets drop 80% in second quarter. CUNNINGHAM, AARON // Pensions & Investments;7/8/2013, Vol. 41 Issue 14, p18
The article presents information and data on mergers and acquisitions (M&A) in the investment management industry for second-quarter 2013, citing the acquisition of a stake in private equity firm AlpInvest Partners BV by private equity firm Carlyle Group LP as the largest M&A deal in the quarter.