East meets West Stand
- Sold at last: Petkim. Kilic, Sinan // ICIS Chemical Business;6/16/2008, Vol. 273 Issue 24, p16
The article provides information on Petkim, a leading petrochemical company, which was established in 1965 in Turkey. It is the most significant raw material producer for Turkish industry with more than 50 petrochemical products in its portfolio. It offers the inherent material input to such...
- Petkim to Double in Size; Plans New Cracker. ALPEROWICZ, NATASHA // Chemical Week;11/29/2010, Vol. 172 Issue 29, p17
The article reports on the plan of Turkish petrochemicals producer Petkim Petrokimya to double its size by 2018. Under the growth plan, a new olefins complex and downstream units will be constructed. NilÃ¼fer YalÃ§in, technical consultant to the chief executive officer (CEO) at Socar &...
- New law clears way for Petkim sale. Wiesmann, Gerrit // Chemical Week;12/14/1994, Vol. 155 Issue 23, p17
Reports that the privatization of Turkey's state-owned petrochemical manufacturer, Petkim, is expected to start within the next six months with the sale of production units at the company's Yarimca site. Two options for the second stage of privatization.
- Petkim privatization moves closer. // Chemical Week;4/9/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 14, p7
Reports that privatization of all part of Turkish petrochemicals company Petkim is moving closer following the government approval of the sale of state assets in other sectors.
- CONSORTIUM WINS PETKIM MAJORITY. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;7/9/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 2, p19
The article reports that the consortium TransCentralAsia Petrochemical Holding will acquire a 51% stake in Turkish petrochemical firm Petkim.
- Amoco, Atochem, and Cabot show interest in acquiring Turkey's Petkim. Alperowicz, Natasha // Chemical Week;3/22/1995, Vol. 156 Issue 11, p27
Reports on Amoco's interest in acquiring the major part of the assets of Turkish petrochemicals producer Petkim. Possible teamup with private local fiber maker Aksa for the deal; Turkish government's plans to sell the Petkim complex as one entity; Assets of Petkim for sale; Other companies that...
- Turkey is Pressured To Reject Bid for Petkim. // Chemical Market Reporter;6/16/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 24, p4
Reports that the Turkish government is under pressure to reject the offer from Standart Kimya to buy stakes in the petrochemicals group, Petkim. Amount offered by Standart for Petkim; Reason behind the opposition against the share purchase proposal.
- Five Firms Bid to Acquire Petkim Stake. // Chemical Week;4/2/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 13, p8
Reports on the bid of several Turkish chemical companies to acquire the stake of petrochemical firm Petkim from the Turkish government.
- Eight make it to final Petkim round. // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;7/2/2007, Vol. 272 Issue 1, p18
The article reports that the Turkish Privatisation Authority has received eight final bids from companies and consortia interested in acquiring a controlling stake in petrochemical major Petkim. The bidders include the Carmel-Limak consortium, TransCentralAsia Petrochemical Holding, Zorlu...