Iran and Venezuela join forces on methanol projects
- Polynt considers Chinese speciality jv. Gordon, Michael // ICIS Chemical Business;10/30/2006, Vol. 1 Issue 41, p28
The article reports that Polynt, a fully-owned unit of Lonza, is reportedly looking to build a chemical plant in China in 2008 in a joint venture with a local partner. A spokesman for the company confirm that they have a strategic interest in investing in China and intends to have a majority...
- China's Changle Hengshen and DSM to build capro unit. PAN, VIOLA // ICIS Chemical Business;8/13/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 4, p23
The article reports that China's Changle Hengshen Synthetic Fabric and Dutch chemical company DSM Fibre Intermediates have entered into a joint venture agreement and will begin building a caprolactam (capro) manufacturing facility in Fujian province, China at the end of 2012.
- Rogue Offspring. Zakaria, Fareed // Newsweek;12/18/2006, Vol. 148 Issue 25, pE8
The article discusses the author's belief in the rise of a new class of anticapitalist and problematic oil powers in the era of globalization. Countries like Iran, Saudi Arabia, Russia, and Venezuela are major oil producers which, the author claims, nevertheless flout the rules of the global...
- Schulman invests $14M in Saudi Arabia JV. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;6/18/2012, Vol. 24 Issue 15, p0027
The article reports that plastics company A. Schulman Inc. is planning to expand into Saudia Arabia via a joint venture with National Petrochemical Industrial Co. (NATPET), in which Schulman will invest 14 million dollars to construct a polypropylene compounding plant in Yanbu.
- Lubrizol, Sekisui plan CPVC site. Esposito, Frank // Plastics News;2/25/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 48, p0020
The article reports that a chlorinated polyvinyl chloride (CPVC) plant will be constructed in Map Ta Phut, Thailand as part of a joint venture between the chemical companies Sekisui Chemical Co. and Lubrizol Corp.
- PLANTS AND PROJECTS IN BRIEF. // ICIS Chemical Business;8/13/2012, Vol. 282 Issue 4, p23
The article offers chemical industry news briefs as of August 13, 2012 on topics including the start-up of a dimethoxymethane (methylal) chemical plant at Mainz, Germany by methanol derivatives manufacturer INEOS Paraform, a joint venture agreement between chemical producers Mitsubishi Rayon and...
- Mexichem and OxyChem form ethylene joint venture. Downer, Stephen // Plastics News;2/3/2014, Vol. 25 Issue 44, p0011
The article discusses an ethylene joint venture between the specialty chemicals manufacturer Mexichem SAB de CV and the chemical and resin maker Occidental Chemical Corp., focusing on the planned construction of an ethylene cracker in Ingleside, Texas as of February 2014.
- BASF and Markor Plan to Establish Two JV for Butanediol and Polytetrahydrofuran in China. // China Chemical Reporter;3/21/2013, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p10
The article discusses the intention of chemical companies BASF SE and Xianjiang Markor Chemical Industry Co. Ltd. to build two chemical plants in Korla, China after the two companies signed joint venture agreements for the production of butanediol and polytetrahydrofuran.
- Taminco and Balchem form choline chloride JV. FROST, LINDSAY // Chemical Week;2/3/2014, Vol. 176 Issue 4, p11
The article discusses a joint venture agreement between alkylamines and alkylamine derivatives maker Taminco of Allentown, Pennsylvania and specialty performance ingredients maker Balchem of New Hampton, New York to build and operate a choline chloride facility in St. Gabriel, Louisiana by 2015.