Activity picks up, along with prices
- IN BRIEFMarkets Watch. // ICIS Chemical Business;7/9/2007, Vol. 2 Issue 74, p39
The article presents information on the financial performance of the chemical industry in Asia. The spot prices of phenol is stable in the continent at $1,600-1,660/tonne. Northeast Asian cargoes have mainly been sold within this range, representing a rollover from June 2007. It is observed that...
- Mixed views on ethylene spot. Weddle, Nel // ICIS Chemical Business;6/30/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 25, p5
The article discusses spot prices for ethylene as of June 2014, reporting that price increases may be implemented in July 2014 due to feedstock costs and supply and demand trends in the European chemical industry. Topics include contract price negotiations and the comments of some buyers and...
- European capro players divided over April contracts. BOSWELL, CLAY; Victory, Mark; Zhang, Becky // ICIS Chemical Business;4/30/2012, Vol. 281 Issue 16, p20
The article reports that European buyers and sellers of the chemical caprolactam (capro) have been divided over its price, prohibiting their ability to conclude contract negotiations. The author notes that Asian capro contracts for April were settled mid-month, but weak demand and the prospect...
- cw price report. // Chemical Week;11/3/2008, Vol. 170 Issue 34, p35
The article reports on spot prices of chemicals in the U.S. and Europe for the last week of October 2008. Spot naphtha prices in Europe continued to slide, losing $60/million ton (m.t.) with spot olefins down as well. Spot aromatics prices on the U.S. Gulf Coast were quiet relative to the sharp...
- Xylenes Resist Broader Slump. Morris, Gregory D. L. // Chemical Week;1/31/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 4, p23
The article reports on the market performance of xylenes in the U.S. and Europe. Resilient mixed xylenes feedstock prices have prompted U.S. ortho-xylene (o-xylene) producers to nominate contract price increases for February of 2 cents-4.5 cents per pound despite softening o-xylene spot prices....
- Aromatics: A mixed review. Brand, Tony // Chemical Market Reporter;01/13/97, Vol. 251 Issue 2, pSR 8
Focuses on the outlook for the aromatics market in 1997. Weak prices of benzene and mixed xylenes; Problem with overcapacity in the industry; Projected increase in demand for cyclohexane; Prospects for toluene, xylenes, styrene and phenol.
- Japan demand lull. // Chemical Week;8/21/1996, Vol. 158 Issue 32, p50
Reports on the decline in demand for key aromatics in Japan in 1996.
- Aromatics Outlook Cloudy for 2002. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;12/24/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 24, p1
Focuses on the performance of the aromatics industry in 2001. Outlook for the industry in 2002; Impact of China's entry into the World Trade Organization.
- Price push seen on European aromatics. // Chemical Week;8/16/1995, Vol. 157 Issue 6, p6
Reports on activity in the European aromatics spot markets in the week of August 7, 1995. Increase in producer buying; Price increases; Contributing factors.