MMA sellers eye hikes
- MMA to see further hikes? Viswanathan, Prema // Asian Chemical News;8/2/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 455, p23
Reports on the price increase of methyl methacrylate (MMA) in Asia as of August 2004. Factors that contributed to the price inc rease; Reason behind the exception of Japan in the price increase; List of MMA producing companies.
- Feedstocks to push up MMA. McGuire, Heather; Chang, Joseph // ICIS Chemical Business Americas;9/18/2006, Vol. 270 Issue 10, p8
The article reports on the contract increase being expected by U.S. methyl methacrylate buyers in the fourth quarter of 2006 on the back of feedstock acetone and methanol hikes. Industry sources believe that the proposed increases were caused by high feedstock costs and supply and demand...
- Tighter MMA supports hike. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;9/20/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2116, p12
Focuses on the plan of chemical producers to increase prices of propylene and methyl methacrylate (MMA) for the fourth quarter of 2004. Exportation of materials to balance the European market; Pricing of MMA; Information on the Asian market.
- Chlorine Sellers Seek an Increase. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;3/15/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 9, p28
The article reports on the increase in contract prices offered by chlorine producers in the U.S. in March 2006. Chlorine producers have announced an increase of $25/ton on contract prices, citing an expected improvement in demand. Demand for chlorine is expected to strengthen as seasonal demand...
- MMA manages price hike. Gibson, Jane // European Chemical News;7/26/2004, Vol. 81 Issue 2110, p10
Announces that methyl methacrylate (MMA) producers have increased MMA contract prices in Europe for the third quarter of 2004. Information on the agreed price hike approved by buyers and sellers; Views of Steven van den Biggelaar, European purchasing manager for Neo-Resins in the Netherlands,...
- PMMA producers seek price hikes. Weatherlake, Samuel; strathearn, helena // ICIS Chemical Business;4/7/2014, Vol. 285 Issue 14, p11
The article reports that Lucite International and another European producer of polymethyl methacrylate (PMMA) announced on March 21, 2014 their intention to increase PMMA prices due to higher costs. It informs that Lucite is pursuing price increases of 160 euro per tonne on PMMA resins and 180...
- Mixed Success for European Caustic Hike. Morris, Gregory D. L. // Chemical Week;2/15/2006, Vol. 168 Issue 6, p46
The article deals with the price increase in chlor-alkali products in Europe in February 2006. European chlor-alkali producers state that they have implemented a price increase on caustic soda for the first quarter with varying degrees of success. Hence, the price increase formalizes an energy...
- Plant Outages Boost Asian Ethylene Prices. Sim, Peck Hwee // Chemical Week;6/11/2003, Vol. 165 Issue 21, p29
Reports on an increase in ethylene spot prices in Asia for the first half of 2003 due to unplanned outages coincided with strong demand. Range of price increases; Plan of Sanyo Petrochemical to restart its plant; Schedule of maintenance turnarounds; Increase in other chemical prices.
- specialties. // Chemical Week;1/17/2007, Vol. 169 Issue 2, p24
The article presents news briefs concerning the chemical industry. Vanlab, a producer of vanilla-flavored products, has been acquired by food ingredient maker Carbery Group's flavors unit Synergy Flavors. Sartomer says it will increase the price of its methacrylate monomers and urethane acrylate...