MIBK rides out feedstock rise
- Propylene production is unexpectedly strong. Milmo, Sean // Chemical Market Reporter;11/03/97, Vol. 252 Issue 18, p8
Reports on the increase in propylene production in Western Europe between the second and third quarters of 1997. Refineries' increase in extraction to meet strong demand; Similar increase in ethylene output; Contract price for propylene.
- Polypropylene Tight On Strong Demand, Feedstock Run-Up. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;2/24/2003, Vol. 263 Issue 8, p1
Presents an overview of the market for propylene in the U.S. for the year 2003. Increase in demand; Factors influencing prices; Impact of the economic conditions; Financial performance of chemical companies.
- Propylene Tightness Is Putting Pressure on Prices. Hoffman, John // Chemical Market Reporter;8/20/2001, Vol. 260 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the call of producers for price increases of propylene products in 2001. Factors influencing the price increase; Characteristics of the demand for propylene derivatives; Attitude of producers toward the propylene demand and price.
- Outages Fail To Support Propylene. Noor-Drugan, Natalie // Chemical Week;2/14/2001, Vol. 163 Issue 7, p33
Reports on the impact of reduced operating rates at derivatives units on the prices of propylene in Europe since January 2001. Decrease in the prices of propylene; Average price of propylene in the United States; Paper chemical companies which were affected by the decrease in the prices of...
- Improving Olefins Demand Offers Glimmer of Hope. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;4/22/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 16, p1
Reports the performance of the olefins market in the U.S. as of April 2002. Demand for ethylene and propylene; Prices for chemical-grade propylene; Significance of propylene to the market.
- Olefins in a spot after wide C2, C3 price gaps. // Asian Chemical News;6/16/2003, Vol. 9 Issue 405, p28
Reports on the price gaps between the ethylene and propylene markets in Asia, as of June 2003. Information on the condition of the ethylene market; Reactions from sellers and traders; Action taken by Taiwanese buyers.
- Europe will remain a seller's market. Pfeifer, Sylvia // Chemical Week;11/5/1997, Vol. 159 Issue 42, p54
Focuses on the propylene market in Europe. Chemical plants that will have the need for propylene imports; Countries that will supply the needed propylene in the market; Estimated growth of consumption of propylene in 2000; Factors affecting the competitiveness of propylene producers in Europe.
- Markets & economics. // Chemical Week;1/28/1998, Vol. 160 Issue 4, p44
Presents briefs about the chemical industry. Drop in the U.S. ethylene contract for December 1997; Planned turnaround of propylene contracts during first quarter 1998; Price of European para-xylene for the first quarter of 1998.
- Ethylene and Propylene Markets Remain Weak. Brown, Robert // Chemical Market Reporter;2/25/2002, Vol. 261 Issue 8, p1
Reports on the performance of the ethylene and propylene markets in North America. Overcapacity in the ethylene market; Contract prices for ethylene for the month of January 2002; Decision of Chevron Phillips Chemical Co. to shut down its plants. INSET: Petrochemicals.